Thread: Stuffed Banana Peppers page

poindextrose Guest

Primal Fuel

This is my first post to MDA! Hi everyone.

My aunt in-law gave us a bunch of banana peppers from her garden so I Googled "banana peppers recipe" and found a delicious primal recipe: Stuffed Banana Peppers

I made it as described and probably baked it for a total of 30 minutes. It is kinda hard to eat, so my wife suggested we mix in an egg to keep the stuffing together (and to add some more fat and protein).

kuno1chi is offline Senior Member

poindextrose,

YUM!!! Thanks for the post...I'm making these tomorrow.

(Except for the bacon...it's a religious thang)

Mark Sisson is offline Administrator

Thanks for posting and welcome to the forum, poindextrose! How about some photos of your dish?

poindextrose Guest

I will definitely take photos and post them next time I make it. I can't wait to have it again!

OnTheBayou is offline Senior Member
    Sarasota, Florida, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy

Peppers, of all types, are a low carb godsend. I know that there are a few here who run away screaming because they are of the solanum family, but I'm not that paranoid. Especially being on low carb, they add nice variety.

Anyone here familiar with roasted green chiles? I'm sure our CO Primals are. (Note spelling, they are chile peppers. The concoction of bean, meat, tomatoes, etc. is chili.) RGC seem to be pretty scarce outside of NM and CO.

I brought a number of bags with me to FL two years ago and I'm about out. I decided a few days ago to just start using them, be tough, you know? They are SO good as is on eggs, for instance. I guess I'll have to make some green chile stew with my very last.

I use regular bell peppers in salads, diced and sauteed with eggs. I use Poblano's stuffed with turkey breast and cheese.

Pepperoncini's are a major flavor bang when I just want to tickle the old taste buds between meals. Almost no calories or carbs.

RogerDeRok is offline Member

I'm lucky enough to live in NM and we have an abundance of green chiles. We New Mexicans put Green Chile on EVERYTHING. I can't imagine living without it.

poindextrose Guest

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

I made this recipe again but I added 2 eggs to the stuffing and this made it much easier to eat and more yummy! We got some really large banana peppers from the store, so we only used 6 even though the recipe calls for 12. I ended up baking it for 35 minutes at 375. This time, I took a picture of the finished product.