- drink plenty of water
- have you recently been drinking a lot of coffee or other caffeine & then didn't drink any yesterday? if so, you can either push through the pain to get over the addiction, or wean yourself off. if i drink coffee three days in a row (just one cup a day) & then skip a day, i usually get a headache.
- did you have something with gluten? turns out that was the cause of my years of migraines. now, if i have even a small amount (say, a cookie...), i'll get a migraine.
- you can try icing it down by putting an ice pack on your forehead or wherever the pain is. my usually was worst right about my right eyebrow. if, however, this is possibly a sinus headache, i've heard that heat is better.
- try to sleep it off. make the room as dark as possible, & breathe deep, in & out, for a few minutes, to fully oxygenate your brain.
- sniffing peppermint and/or geranium oil often helps.
i used to get migraines that lasted up to three days. if it gets much worse, or lasts longer than that, i'd advise you to go to the hospital.