Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Natural Headache Remedies page

Primal2010 is offline Member

Angry Natural Headache Remedies

Primal Fuel
    HELP!!! I've had a decently sized headached since LAST NIGHT since I went to bed and slept horribly!!! I don't want to take any medicine, I've taken so much of this stuff in the past that i'm near immune. But anyone know of, or know of a site that I can use to get some relief naturally?

Oh and, if possibly there are suggestions to being deficient in some nutrients that'd help prevent headaches again! I was hurting enough that it forced me to skip my workout! I was bummed!!! Anyways thanks for any info!!!
    Last edited by Primal2010; 12-15-2010 at 03:39 AM.

aboutsaffron is offline Senior Member
    - drink plenty of water
    - have you recently been drinking a lot of coffee or other caffeine & then didn't drink any yesterday? if so, you can either push through the pain to get over the addiction, or wean yourself off. if i drink coffee three days in a row (just one cup a day) & then skip a day, i usually get a headache.
    - did you have something with gluten? turns out that was the cause of my years of migraines. now, if i have even a small amount (say, a cookie...), i'll get a migraine.
    - you can try icing it down by putting an ice pack on your forehead or wherever the pain is. my usually was worst right about my right eyebrow. if, however, this is possibly a sinus headache, i've heard that heat is better.
    - try to sleep it off. make the room as dark as possible, & breathe deep, in & out, for a few minutes, to fully oxygenate your brain.
    - sniffing peppermint and/or geranium oil often helps.

i used to get migraines that lasted up to three days. if it gets much worse, or lasts longer than that, i'd advise you to go to the hospital.
    And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the wind longs to play with your hair
    Kahlil Gibran

http://simplesunshine.wordpress.com

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Magnesium'll usually do the trick for me. That and a dark, cold room where I can sleep it off burrowed under a mound of blankets with an icepack on my head.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

ScurvyDog is offline Member
    Water and if that doesn't work I grab a Goody's! My headaches are usually corelated with hydration.

cillakat is offline Senior Member
    evidence based headache treatements:
    magnesium (best evidence)
    butterburr
    and melissa officionalis/lemon balm

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

Analog6 is offline Senior Member
    Terranora, far north coast NSW, Australia
    Rubbing lavendar oil into the temples an help.
    Odille
    F 58 / 170cms / SW 131.5 kgs / Current 112.4/ GW 65
    following Primal Lifestyle and swimming my way to health

My Primal Blog / Photo Blog / RedBubble shop / My Calendars / My Facebook

Thanks all, going to try most of this, can't hurt!

Might just say f-it and go to the gym and force some endorphins into my system...might hurt a bit while I'm doing it but should help... :-)

Minxxa is offline Senior Member
    Here's one I heard today, but haven't tried personally. It's an Indian remedy, grate some ginger, then squeeze some of the juice out, place in nostrils and snort it up!
    "Boy I got vision and the rest of the world is wearing bifocals" - Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Minxxa View Post
    Here's one I heard today, but haven't tried personally. It's an Indian remedy, grate some ginger, then squeeze some of the juice out, place in nostrils and snort it up!
    OH, OW!!!!!! No thanks.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast