Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: question about timing (or something) page

zoebird is offline Senior Member

question about timing (or something)

Shop Now
    so, we've been primal for however long now (3 weeks actually, 4 weeks before from the day we decided to do it), and there is one little snag that we are running into.

being weirdo, crazy busy people (no one can relate to that, right? LOL), our meal times tend to be fairly consistent. breakfast around 7:30, lunch around 12:30, and dinner. Ah, here is the clincher.

we tend to have dinner around 8 because of DS's new bedtime routine. this is tough, and so i like to have a "snack" around 4 or so when i get hungry. That "snack" is currently consisting of something like "chocolate" or "an apple." like how i put quotes around it?

anyway, my husband goes ahead and has a "light meal" with DS around 5:00, which allows him to "last" until dinner. he typically has a "snack" in the morning (he eats breakfast at 6 am) which consists of "chocolate" or "an apple" (or other fruit) or "pumpkin seeds, chocolate, and fruit."

now, in our discussions about it, we were not really keen on this as an "on-going" snack idea. we'd rather have fruit as a dessert and "with food" (meaning at the end of a meal) rather than have it alone such that there might be a sugar spike. of course, nuts help-- and we dont' eat a lot anyway --but it's just not something on-going.

we don't want anything that would require prep (pre-prep is fine, we just mean on-site prep because we are at work and there's just a microwave), and of course cupcakes are out.

hard boiled eggs might be an option, but we already consume about 12 eggs a day as a family, so. . .that would get expensive.

any ideas? thanks.

to clarify,

there are days where we only eat 3 meals per day, and soem days where i only have two, and every meal we eat, we are comfortably full. if not, we eat a bit more until we are. not "stuffed" but satisfied and comfortable.

but some days, i'm just *hungry* and i'm trying to figure out how to have things to eat, available, on those days, that is also easy to get to work. and to eat at work, too, and doesn't look "too weird" since i'm on the front desk. LOL

TigerLily is offline Senior Member
    raw broccoli or cauliflower florets?
    sliced cucumbers?
    cherry tomatoes? (if doing nightshades)

all are good finger goods you can quickly pop in your mouth at the front desk, without stinking up the whole place (like a pouch of salmon would).
    "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

heh. yeah, we could do veggies no problem. i'm thinking with a mayo-based dip it might be nice. i make some good mayo dips.

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member
    I eat Coconut Manna for a snack. Don't know if you can find it in NZ, though...No prep, no refrigeration needed--just a spoon!

probably. i was thinking of making raw coconut truffles that my friend--a raw foodist--makes. but that's still chocolate. LOL

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    probably. i was thinking of making raw coconut truffles that my friend--a raw foodist--makes. but that's still chocolate. LOL
    Ooooooooooh, chocolate! Interestingly, I read that raw chocolate is not so great for you--phytoxins and all. I think "regular" chocolate is fermented?

Saoirse is online now Senior Member
    meat pieces (chicken breast, steak, whatever), cheese pieces (if you do dairy), then whatever vegetables you have cut up. sour cream as a dip. this is my favorite bring along snack because you can eat as much or as little as you like, and it's pretty balanced.

we are still trying to figure out how much meat to buy. i think we eat it sort of "sparingly" which probably isn't helping. By that i mean, we might want 9 sausages (you know, well made, no crap, from the grass fed farm animals and what nots), but we'll only cook 6 or whatever is in the package. left overs are for the next "meal."

i know. it's messed up. but food is expensive here.

DianeThePurple is offline Senior Member
    Can you try just eating more at lunch? That might carry you through another couple of hours.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast