Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pineapple...good or bad?

Pineapple...good or bad?

Shop Now
    Hello,

I am curious if anyone can speak about pineapple. I know it has alot of great things like vitamin C, bromelain and other good stuff as well as having a nice effect of helping the body rid itself of excess liquids when a person is bloated. But, is it something ot be eating daily? I could eat a whole pineapple per day if I allowed myself.

I kow it is sweet, so alot of fructose, but, it is a whole food....and sooooo good. can it be part of a weight loss program? There are even some magic "pineapple" fasts out there....

Any thoughts?

Eat it once in a while and enjoy thoroughly

Agreed. It's a nice treat sometimes, like other sugary fruits. I just wouldn't eat it every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Feanor78 View Post
    Eat it once in a while and enjoy thoroughly
    This.

I think it was in Weight Watchers thread in this forum that someone copy/pasted a comment from a WW board saying "please tell me I can have bananas, I haven't had a banana in 4 years!" and I was like "what a total tool.... wait... I haven't had a banana in months..." and immediately raced to the nearest banana and almost swallowed it hole. I've never been a big fan, but it was delicious, and it did NOT make me poop like I thought they ALL did (it was probably the grains...)

Moral is: if it's natural and you like it, eat it, if it's not THAT good for you (fructose) don't eat it all the time.

lcme Guest
    Along with mango, it is definitely one of my favourite fruit to treat myself to. I don't personally include fruit on a regular basis (more than once a month), but if there was a fruit plate in front of me with pineapple on it, I would definitely go for it!

Quote Originally Posted by iniQuity View Post
    This.

I think it was in Weight Watchers thread in this forum that someone copy/pasted a comment from a WW board saying "please tell me I can have bananas, I haven't had a banana in 4 years!" and I was like "what a total tool.... wait... I haven't had a banana in months..." and immediately raced to the nearest banana and almost swallowed it hole. I've never been a big fan, but it was delicious, and it did NOT make me poop like I thought they ALL did (it was probably the grains...)

Moral is: if it's natural and you like it, eat it, if it's not THAT good for you (fructose) don't eat it all the time.
    I haven't had a banana in longer than I can remember. IDK. I guess I villainize them more that I need to and they never hit the top of the list when I feel like eating fruit. Banana hunt, begins...
    Last edited by lcme; 12-14-2010 at 01:35 PM.

I made bacon-wrapped pineapple chunks for a party over the weekend. Boy they disappeared fast.

Yeah I think bananas are not the greatest fruit out there, but when I ate that one (and another one a few days later... oh shit son) I was like "man, I can totally see why those 30 bananas a day idiots can do this..." they're effin' yummy man.

Jawsome banana recipe:

Grab banana, open, cut in slices, throw it in a cup or bowl.
    Grab lime (I'm Hispanic, yellow lemons are for white people) squeeze into container as desired.
    EAT IT YA BUM.

I used to do that as a kid but I'd add white sugar, nowadays a banana is probably sweet enough, but for all the stevia fans out there, go bananas.

Eat as much pineapple as you'd like, so long as you feel fine doing so. If you want to eat a whole one, go for it, but I wouldn't eat too much fruit for the rest of the day.

I eat bananas all the time, sometimes I wonder what eating plan you all are on. Pineapple tastes like cheap candy to me though - all sugar and no flavor. To each his / her own.

Terranora, far north coast NSW, Australia
    Learn More
    I like a few pieces in my salad - I eat it with the celery - they taste great together
    Odille
    F 58 / 170cms / SW 131.5 kgs / Current 112.4/ GW 65
    following Primal Lifestyle and swimming my way to health

My Primal Blog / Photo Blog / RedBubble shop / My Calendars / My Facebook