Thread: BBC documentary on cereal.... page

Minky-Doo is offline Junior Member

Cool BBC documentary on cereal....

Primal Fuel
    I just found a documentary that might interest a few people.
    I loved watching things like King Corn and think this should be pretty good. I've only just found it and from what I've seen so far I think it'll be mostly from a conventional wisdom stand point, but will look critically at how lots of cereal companies now claim to help keep a healthy heart etc. as well as advertising tactics and mostly how it's changed our eating habits...

I'm a bit of a documentary geek so I know I will like it, I hope other people do!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode...Age_of_Plenty/

jpatton624 is offline Member
    The title was cut off and I thought it was going to be called 'the foods that make us fat' and I was like 'YES!!!' but then it was billions and my face got sad

Quote Originally Posted by jpatton624 View Post
    The title was cut off and I thought it was going to be called 'the foods that make us fat' and I was like 'YES!!!' but then it was billions and my face got sad
    Well technically cereal is a food that can make you fat It goes on to talk about the battle of egg vs cereal for breakfast too. Also about "empty calories".

PrimalCon New York
    It does big up "healthy grains" a bit but I'm hoping people will know to ignore that.