Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Please stop page

mikebike is offline Senior Member

Please stop

Not sure who it was but someone posted this rant below (which I completely agree with):

Stop doing this: "My DH went to visit my DD and then we ate a primal lasagna with my DF."
    Why do people (sexist as it sounds, appears to be mostly women) feel compelled to use these abbreviations? I'll see a hundred word post that will be full of these D what evers so don't tell me it's about brevity. You'd never address someone as Dear Sister, Dear Husband, Dear what the fug ever, in person, so why do it online?

lizch is offline Senior Member
    No
    Liz.

Zone diet on and off for several years....worked, but too much focus on exact meal composition
    Primal since July 2010...skinniest I've ever been and the least stressed about food

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    Talk about useless. Who cares? Some people DO refer to their loved ones as dear something. It’s just the internet let it go.

Make it a game for yourself, substitute “dear” for something else, I like “dick-sucking” so anytime I read it, it’s “dick sucking husband” or “dick sucking mother”, etc etc.

MeatMe216 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by iniQuity View Post
    I like “dick-sucking”
    oh my

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Eh, I just assume that everyone they know is named Donald (yes, even the females), and they differentiate between them by last name.
    i.e. DD is Donald Duck, DS is Donald Smith, DF is Donald Focker...
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    I don't participate in that, but don't really mind if others do. Sure, it's a bit overdone but oh well... a very minor, fractional part of my thought process considers it, then I get on with my life.

supersellen is offline Senior Member
    I wish I had a life where other people's internet abbreviation use was my frustration for the day! I think a lot of women do it because it is standard language on women-centered forums, i.e. MDC
    For lots of tasty recipes, check out my blog -http://lifeasadreger.wordpress.com/

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MeatMe216 View Post
    oh my
    too-shay.

(I know how to properly spell it, but it's not as funny)

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Eh, in my case, it wasn't so much a frustration as something that got in the way of the story. Now that I see "Donald Duck" or "Daughter" in place of DD, it makes reading the story easier.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

batty is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    jesus. what is UP with the crankiness on the boards lately? everyone needs to increase their D intake.

HANDS OFF MY BACON :: my primal journal

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast