Thread: Temperature Regulation page

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member

Temperature Regulation

Primal Fuel
    For most of my adult life I have had trouble regulating my body temperature. Generally, I get overheated and need to strip off layers way sooner than most of my similarly-sized friends (I'm 5'6", female, ~130 lbs.) Today I came home from walking (briskly) our dog for an hour. Sat down by the fire in a 75 degree room and couldn't get warm!

This is a PITA and if there is anything I can do to shift this, I would be ecstatic.

Any ideas? I've been Primal for 6 weeks and ate 80% Primal for a year before that. Otherwise healthy and fit.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    warm some sesame oil in water (i boil hot water, put that in a bowl, then put a small bottle of sesame oil in it), and then rub it into your skin (whole body if possible), and it will help. you'll feel warmer right away, but the sesame oil will also help you regulate better. if you are overheated, you use coconut oil. this is an ayurvedic remedy.

moonablaze is offline Senior Member
    I've been getting treated with acupuncture for other issues and it's really helped with the overheating/nightsweats (I'm nowhere near menopause). Actually, my TCM diagnosis is excess internal heat.

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member
    Thanks, ladies!

Zoebird~I will definitely try the coconut oil, since I am usually overheated, not cold.
    moonablaze~ I do occasional trades with an acupuncturist who lives 2 hours away, so next time I will ask her to focus on helping me to regulate.