Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Dark Chocolate-How much do you eat? page 8

Grokarella is offline Member
    Shop Now
    Candy outlet was a success: Scharffen Berger, Green & Black's, New Tree, Cote D'Or, and Hachez! I haven't tried any of these, so I'm excited to figure out which ones I like the most.
    Jennifer, 28 years old
    Vegetarian for 13 years, primal since July 2011
    Weight lost on primal: 34.2 lbs

grok_wonk is offline Member
    I typically have some unsweetened dark chocolate (Ghiradelli 100% or SB 99%) every day, but I've found it increasingly difficult to limit myself as I get acclimated to the taste. Looks like they'll have to become a once-a-month treat....

Glamorama is offline Senior Member
    I love the Green & Blacks 85% one. I only buy it for very special occasions. Last week we went on holiday to a skiing resort, so I bought 100 grams, and ate 20 grams nightly after dinner with a couple of strawberries. It was so yummy but I could see it becoming an addiction so I have decided to only buy it very occasionally.

landerson22 is offline Junior Member
    trader joes 72% dark is sooo good. ill put it this way it cant be in the house unless im doing some intense 2 a days

Harrison is offline Junior Member
    I never try to eat the whole bar but I think I can eat the whole bar in two days or less. It is very difficult to eat that much dark chocolate in a day.

scotchncoffee is offline Senior Member
    Couldn't do anything close to everyday because even the dark chocolate is sweetened with sugars. Maybe a couple times a month? I do, however, use cocoa powder in dishes all the time. It is probably the most underused and versatile seasoning ever.

Martha is offline Senior Member
    2 squares of Green & Black's 85% every night after dinner. This serving size contains 1g of sugar, the only sugar I consume. Very occasionally I will eat 6-8 squares late in the afternoon, which feels like a binge. More than that at one sitting makes me feel ill.

campanella is offline Senior Member
    I ate a whole bar- 100g of 85% green and black for lunch with just some fruit and I felt alert and strong as always as when I eat a piece of meat instead. Is it bad to eat chocolate as a significant chunk of your diet if I don't experience the ill effects many seem to from lots of dark chocolate? I know the sugar is iffy but I sometimes do unsweetened chocolate instead. Would I be hurting my health in the long run if I consumed a whole bar, 100g of chocolate almost every day?

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    One or two bars a week. Usually just eat a whole bar at once, sometimes half now and half later. Always the good stuff, no soy lecithin, dark, sometimes with nuts or other flavor/fruit.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

sakura_girl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by campanella View Post
    I ate a whole bar- 100g of 85% green and black for lunch with just some fruit and I felt alert and strong as always as when I eat a piece of meat instead. Is it bad to eat chocolate as a significant chunk of your diet if I don't experience the ill effects many seem to from lots of dark chocolate? I know the sugar is iffy but I sometimes do unsweetened chocolate instead. Would I be hurting my health in the long run if I consumed a whole bar, 100g of chocolate almost every day?
    My n=1 is no. And I don't eat completely shitty chocolate either, and half the time I eat unsweetened.

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast