Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Dark Chocolate-How much do you eat? page 6

primalblonde is offline Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Karate Lisa View Post
    One Lindt 90% bar about every 3-4 weeks, 1/2 bar at a time. (Love the lack of super sweetness)
    I've also melted it in heavy cream and made a ganoche that I pour over my paleo version of cheesecake. OMG.
    Paleo cheesecake?! Share, please.

Thor Falk is offline Senior Member
    20-40g of dark Lindt 85-90%. I would be careful with anything less dark (eg 75%) - Sugar content increases dramatically

JPA
    JPA is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by primalblonde View Post
    I've found that 2-4 squares of dark chocolate (85%+) and a glass of wine (mostly red, sometimes white) every day keeps me from overeating and/or cheating all together. I get to indulge...in a way that still benefits my body.
    Good compromise, I may have to experiment with that.

mikebike is offline Senior Member
    Never. Even if it's high quality stuff, lets be honest, there's still a sweet component to it. I have a problem with just eating a little bit of sweets. It's all or nothing for me. If I bought a bar of it, it would be gone in one sitting. I've had the good stuff you all eat and it's still triggers the compulsion to eat the whole damn thing.

Risto is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mikebike View Post
    Never. Even if it's high quality stuff, lets be honest, there's still a sweet component to it. I have a problem with just eating a little bit of sweets. It's all or nothing for me. If I bought a bar of it, it would be gone in one sitting. I've had the good stuff you all eat and it's still triggers the compulsion to eat the whole damn thing.
    The same here. I crave no sweeties and I see no point in eating something that won't give me much from the standpoint of nutrition. If I were to eat it, I'd eat the whole thing in 5 minutes. 100g of dark chocolate is about 550kcal whereas 100g of fruits is 50-100kcal. I'll choose fruits that satisfy me more over a calorie-dense chocolate any time.

I'm not very much into this whole "cheat once in a while" theme (or, eat some foods in moderation). For me it's a) eating healthy and satisfying food all the time, b) not supporting companies that make crap, c) not tempting my body -- if I'm completely find by eating no artificial sweeties, then I must be doing something right.

JPA
    JPA is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Risto View Post
    The same here. I crave no sweeties and I see no point in eating something that won't give me much from the standpoint of nutrition. If I were to eat it, I'd eat the whole thing in 5 minutes. 100g of dark chocolate is about 550kcal whereas 100g of fruits is 50-100kcal. I'll choose fruits that satisfy me more over a calorie-dense chocolate any time.

I'm not very much into this whole "cheat once in a while" theme (or, eat some foods in moderation). For me it's a) eating healthy and satisfying food all the time, b) not supporting companies that make crap, c) not tempting my body -- if I'm completely find by eating no artificial sweeties, then I must be doing something right.

Also a good point when comparing it to fruit... still, people like their occasional treat, and you don't know how much time you're on this earth, so let's just enjoy our time as we can in our own way.

I buy several of the Trader Joe's dark chocolate bar three-packs at a time. I do eat some most days, usually 20-40 grams. I like my dark chocoate in the 60-70% range. I want to eat chocolate, not cacao nibs!
    My blog, The Overflowing Pantry

Primal-esque since Feb 2010
    100% Primal since May 2011 (again)

gojirama is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Risto View Post

Not all companies making chocolate are making crap. There are a few very repsonsible, organic, fair trade chocolate companies that use the very best ingredients. Small amounts of theor bars are healthy food!
    These same companies are not making artificial sweets- even some of the conventional chocolate is all natural.
    Not saying you should eat any, just saying there are degrees of sweets.
    I blog :http://raisinggodzillas.blogspot.com/
    Like me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/...17134571662261
    "We have all the food groups- meat and chocolate".

onalark is offline Senior Member
    It's 5-10 grams (1-2 squares) a night. I'm pretty good about limiting myself, and I fully savor my daily "dose" of chocolate every time I take it.

sakura_girl is online now Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Just wondering because I'm such a huge choco freak...if I eat half a Ghirarelli 100% cacao baking bar twice a week, would that have a negative impact since there is no sugar?

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast