Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Dark Chocolate-How much do you eat? page 12

Lilith is offline Member
    Shop Now
    Just bought some 90% Lindt dark chocolate this evening and had a couple of squares. Felt like my mouth was drying out! Is this an acquired taste?

I will eat the rest (not all tonight) to see if I get used to it.

My partner bought some Lindy Wasabi chocolate (which we both love) so I am feeling jealous right now as he eats it lol.
    Lilith

'Be yourself, everyone else is taken' - Oscar Wilde

Artbuc is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilith View Post
    Just bought some 90% Lindt dark chocolate this evening and had a couple of squares. Felt like my mouth was drying out! Is this an acquired taste?
    Yes, but once you acquire it you will LOVE it! I eat 2-4 squares every morning and consider it a really special treat.

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    I think tobacco tastes better.
    Which part of the catalpa pod are you smoking?

To the OP, you don't get to call a 3.5 ounce chocolate bar a binge. It's not a binge until you have to choose between throwing up, passing out, spitting out what you're chewing or trying to stand up for one more waddling, painful trip into the kitchen. I could see 10 or 15 chocolate bars being a binge. But one, two or three - that's just a lot of chocolate. Not a binge.
    Last edited by Knifegill; 01-29-2013 at 02:09 PM.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

jllundqu is offline Member
    usually just 1-3 little squares of minimum 70% (prefer 85%). Then there are those days when I melt some grassfed butter with half a bar, add some coconut milk, maybe a tiny bit of honey...... mmmmmmm.... paleo dessert..... great post workout snack!
    Re-Starting Paleo January 10, 2013

SW - 185.4 lbs Janury 10, 2013
    CW- 179.8 lbs
    Goal- 168 lbs Full Performance Level PBF, 32" waist, lean...

MY PALEO JOURNAL

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it is often difficult to verify their authenticity."
    ~ Abraham Lincoln

Miss Understood is offline Senior Member
    One or two squares of 85 to 90% is typical for me. I just got some Lindt 90% today after not having any for a few weeks. When I first tried 90% I was like Whoa!! I was shocked by the intensity and lesser sweetness than 85%. Now I actually prefer it. Once you accept the flavor for what it is and not expect it to be sweet the taste and intensity is very pleasant.

meloroaster is offline Senior Member
    i eat a row (40g - 100cal) of 85% camino or green & blacks every 2 days or so. last night i had 2 rows...sometimes none.
    i can easily eat half a bar, which is pretty good considering i could eat a whole bar in a flash of milk choc based bars back in the day (being last year). whether an amount is "good" or "bad" just depends on you and where you're trying to be.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112