Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Dark Chocolate-How much do you eat? page 11

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    I smoke catalpa sometimes. Does that count?
    I think tobacco tastes better. I think smoking in general is estrogenic, though, and I don't smoke tobacco because its vasoconstrictive properties promote wrinkles in skin. Though, in elderly, this could promote balance, and tobacco is neuroprotective and increases co2.

Also, tobacco smoking upregulates NR2B activity:
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2587993/

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/n...at-memory.html
    Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    My conclusion is that one item can't be cited as the one that keeps you alive for a long time.

Most likely, we are each genetically programmed to live X years at birth. Can certain habits increase that by a little? Maybe. Can they decrease it? Absolutely.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    My conclusion is that one item can't be cited as the one that keeps you alive for a long time.
    Well, obviously.

I was giving an overly simplistic response to "is it good to eat chocolate every day?"
    Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Then why take issue with my overly simplistic response to your overly simplistic response?
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Did I? No rustled jimmies here.

zilog is offline Senior Member
    In Asda, the UK's Walmart, I found a nice home brand with ingredients from Ivory Coast and Dominican Republic that does 85% dark without any of the soy crap, and it is only 1GBP per 100g at the moment. I've been eating about 50g a day lately but I'm trying to cut down on it.
    Checked this out as I was in ASDA yesterday. Looked like crap to me I'm afraid. There were a lot of ingredients, including "flavouring". Why would you need that in high-quality chocolate? Do yourself a favour and get the real deal. G&B is only 50p more at the moment.

meggan is offline Member
    I"ll mix a few melted squares of lindt 90% with a tablespoon of coconut oil and some chopped nuts (sometimes) and then freeze it on some wax paper. I'll munch on pieces of that every few days.

I keep my chocolate in the freezer but when it's mixed with the oil it starts melting the second you put it in your mouth. Its great.

FlyingPig is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zilog View Post
    Checked this out as I was in ASDA yesterday. Looked like crap to me I'm afraid. There were a lot of ingredients, including "flavouring". Why would you need that in high-quality chocolate? Do yourself a favour and get the real deal. G&B is only 50p more at the moment.
    Yes, you're absolutely right. I somehow missed the "flavourings". Guess you get what you pay for, I've been trying to cut down on the food budget a bit as it does get expensive. This is still a lot better than the Cadbury crap but oh well, back to G&B and Lindt.

Graycat is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyingPig View Post
    Yes, you're absolutely right. I somehow missed the "flavourings". Guess you get what you pay for, I've been trying to cut down on the food budget a bit as it does get expensive. This is still a lot better than the Cadbury crap but oh well, back to G&B and Lindt.
    And this is one of the reasons I only buy a bar of dark chocolate (I too prefer G&B's) only maybe twice a month at most.

2ndChance is offline Senior Member
    My boyfriend and I go through a bar of G&B's 85% between us every 2 days or so, but we've been talking about cutting back, since it's the last food that comes in a package, the last food with a brand name, the last source of caffeine/theobromine, and the last source of added sugar we each cling to... But I like to trust my gut rather than my mind, and while my mind says "hmmm, maybe I should cut out chocolate," my body doesn't seem to respond adversely to chocolate, and it does boast a host of alleged health benefits... I guess even strict natural-food-ists can have a little fun. (Though a chocolate-free week might be a good experiment, just to see if I feel better without it, and because it's been so long since I went without chocolate, that maybe I've forgotten how it feels)

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast