Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WTF, Over page

Travis G Guest

Primal Fuel

OK so my wife's b-day is coming up in a couple of weeks and I just started a 30 day primal challenge of my own to kind of get a kick start yesterday. I go through little spurts of eating paleo but always trip up after a week or so, so I figured that i would just see if I could make it an entire month. Well today we were talking about dinner and I told her that I couldn't eat at a place that she recommended b/c they weren't paleo friendly, at which point I catch three kinds of hell for going paleo for her birthday. How should I handle this situation? I've tried to get her on the wagon w/ me, but w/ no success. She is in the medical field so she knows the pros and cons to a western diet, and I've sent her tons (seriously about two thousand pounds) of links. What should I do to keep this promise that I made to myself while keeping the wife happy?

kuno1chi is offline Senior Member

Travis,

Let me preface this by saying I am a female :-)

I assume she's a "keeper", otherwise you would not have married her...how about eating some steak first, then taking her to place she loves for her birthday?

It's possible to take care of both of you at once. Now, if she won't be happy unless YOU eat something you don't want... then SHE is out of line.

John F Guest

My take:

Go wherever she wants and order meat and vegetables of some sort.

Don't order your own cake...if you are forced into it taste one bite of her cake or if you are forced to share just eat tiny bites to minimize the damage.

If you make her go to a paleo friendly place where she can't get what she wants for her B-day you will pay 100 fold. Better to eat 2 bites of cake and let it go.

Lovestoclimb is offline Senior Member

What kind of restaurant are we talking about? Family restaurant, Italian, Steak House? etc...

I grok, therefore I am.

grandma is offline Member

It's her birthday make her happy. Chalk it up to your 20% and be happy that you are still 100% primal since 20% is part of the plan.

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/8020-principle/

It's grandma, but you can call me sir.

SeanBissell is offline Junior Member

I say make it a cheat day

Can't be perfect all the time

-Sean

dragonmamma is offline Senior Member

I can't think of a single restaurant where I couldn't get vegetables and meat.

If I were your wife, I'd be totally pissed off at you, too. You can just FORGET about getting any nookie until you give in GRACIOUSLY, non grudgingly.

Travis G Guest

Well the place she is wanting to go today is a chain italian eatery. I won't have a problem finding something paleo there (I don't think). What the bigger fight is about is, for whatever reason, she gets mad when I don't eat crap w/ her. I set a goal to be primal for 30 days. Should I stick w/ it for the couple of weeks until her b-day when she will want me to eat cake and crap w/ her or just chalk it up and try again after that? How else can I make her see that she is out of line for getting pissed at me for trying to be a healthier person?

Mark Sisson is offline Administrator

cc40 is offline Junior Member

Most places you go these days can handle an "I want grilled meat and veggies" order without any fuss. As for the cake ... a couple of bites won't kill you (well, maybe). Pick your battles wisely is my advice. Good luck.

Personally I'd go anywhere and order whatever I wanted, no matter the extra cost or hassle. As for the cake, I could get away with passing on it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast