Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Braunschweiger page

JWheelz is offline Member

Braunschweiger

I totally forgot about this stuff (also known as liver sausage,)! I used to eat it a lot when I was a kid, spread on crackers. I saw it in the store and looked the ingredients, and its wonderful primal fantastic-ness! Pork liver, pork, salt, beef, onions, spices, sodium nitrite. I guess the nitrites are "bad" but I ignore that in my bacon too. This is my new favorite snack!

MightyAl is offline Senior Member
    I used to eat braunschweiger sandwiches all the time when I was a kid. I haven't eaten any in probably 20 years. Thanks for the post I am going to have to pick some up and gross out the wife.

aboutsaffron is offline Senior Member
    hmm... my dad used to eat this (probably still does) & i used to be incredibly grossed out by it. now i'm totally curious! i bet it's probably pretty cheap. this is definitely on my next shopping. i just figured out how to make crackers, too!
    And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the wind longs to play with your hair
    Kahlil Gibran

http://simplesunshine.wordpress.com

lolov is offline Senior Member
    Braunschweiger and liverwurst are both great... also, many pates are primal as well... and an easy (and tasty!) way to get in those organs!! Braunschweiger or liverwurst on romaine leaves with yellow mustard and chopped onions is deadly good!!

carlh is offline Senior Member
    Yeah it's not much different from liverwurst. Do make sure you get a good brand, though, as the cheaper ones often have HFCS (???) and other weird stuff added. The quality stuff is very spreadable...it's essentially pate, but with pork instead of goose. Good stuff.

JWheelz is offline Member
    Yeah I looked at all the locally produced brands and bought the one with the fewest ingredients, and it didn't have any sugar in it.

janie is offline Senior Member
    I totally forgot about this option too. Probably stopped eating it during my unsuccessful lowfat years.

Minxxa is offline Senior Member
    I'm glad you brought this up.I actually like the stuff. I like the idea with romaine lettuce, mustard and onions... yum! Will have to check it out to find a good/crap-free brand...
    "Boy I got vision and the rest of the world is wearing bifocals" - Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

geologger is offline Junior Member
    I saw a recipe recently for making your own pate. Didn't sound too difficult.

hazyjane is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I used to LOVE braunschwieger and mustard on whole wheat as a little kid! It seems like a lot of us liked it as kids- what a genius way to feed children liver

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast