Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I <3 Tea!

I <3 Tea!

Shop Now
    My husband bought a tea pot and some gourmet (for lack of better word) this weekend and we are now addicted to drinking a cups of tea. We got the real dried tea leaves in different mixtures that you steep through a strainer. No more of the grocery store tea bags for us. We even got some of the blossoms that make a flavored tea when you drop them in the hot water.

Is it unhealthy to drink a lot of tea? Neither one of us drinks coffee, never have. I'm not putting sugar in mine, just sweetening with a little bit of unfiltered, raw honey.

I dont think its unhhealty to drink large amounts of tea. Try adding some coconut milk to tea, its great.

The tea is fine--it's the honey that can be a problem. An easy way to take in waaaaay to much fructose. Drop the honey & use coconut milk or heavy cream.

I am a huge tea drinker myself; I have become addicted to peppermint tea as of late.
    My whole life, I've felt like an animal......but I've ignored my instincts. I ignored what I really am. That will never happen again.

My blog

i drink tea with coconut oil all day at work.

Thanks for the coconut oil and milk suggestion. I've wanted to try coconut milk anyways, so this gives me a reason to buy some!

Had a great blend last night that was a jasmine green tea with dried strawberries and lemons...it steeped together nicely!

I personally find that too much green tea spins me out . but black tea doesn't seem to have the same effect. Something about the theanine (sp?) content.

Another quick question....does coconut milk taste like coconut water? I don't like the flavor of the water...

I'm a pretty big tea drinker. I have a lot of different types: some loose leaf, some store bought (I tear open the teabags and blend them together and then heat 'em like they're loose leaf), some caffeinated, some not. I tend to drink them straight.

They're a great substitute for coffee, especially if you cut out the sweeteners. I can't imagine anything being wrong with drinking copious amounts of tea.
    "A man in this world without learning is as a beast of the field."

My Primal Journal

Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by spearchick View Post
    Another quick question....does coconut milk taste like coconut water? I don't like the flavor of the water...
    No. The consistency can differ between brands. Avoid Thai Kitchen brand.