Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I <3 Tea! page

spearchick is offline Member

I <3 Tea!

My husband bought a tea pot and some gourmet (for lack of better word) this weekend and we are now addicted to drinking a cups of tea. We got the real dried tea leaves in different mixtures that you steep through a strainer. No more of the grocery store tea bags for us. We even got some of the blossoms that make a flavored tea when you drop them in the hot water.

Is it unhealthy to drink a lot of tea? Neither one of us drinks coffee, never have. I'm not putting sugar in mine, just sweetening with a little bit of unfiltered, raw honey.

MeatMe216 is offline Senior Member
    I dont think its unhhealty to drink large amounts of tea. Try adding some coconut milk to tea, its great.

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member
    The tea is fine--it's the honey that can be a problem. An easy way to take in waaaaay to much fructose. Drop the honey & use coconut milk or heavy cream.

Adventure8410 is offline Senior Member
    I am a huge tea drinker myself; I have become addicted to peppermint tea as of late.
    My whole life, I've felt like an animal......but I've ignored my instincts. I ignored what I really am. That will never happen again.

My blog

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    i drink tea with coconut oil all day at work.

Thanks for the coconut oil and milk suggestion. I've wanted to try coconut milk anyways, so this gives me a reason to buy some!

Had a great blend last night that was a jasmine green tea with dried strawberries and lemons...it steeped together nicely!

erikJ is offline Senior Member
    I personally find that too much green tea spins me out . but black tea doesn't seem to have the same effect. Something about the theanine (sp?) content.

Another quick question....does coconut milk taste like coconut water? I don't like the flavor of the water...

Iskander is offline Member
    I'm a pretty big tea drinker. I have a lot of different types: some loose leaf, some store bought (I tear open the teabags and blend them together and then heat 'em like they're loose leaf), some caffeinated, some not. I tend to drink them straight.

They're a great substitute for coffee, especially if you cut out the sweeteners. I can't imagine anything being wrong with drinking copious amounts of tea.
    "A man in this world without learning is as a beast of the field."

My Primal Journal

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by spearchick View Post
    Another quick question....does coconut milk taste like coconut water? I don't like the flavor of the water...
    No. The consistency can differ between brands. Avoid Thai Kitchen brand.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast