Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Breakfast eggs page

beefrunner is offline Junior Member

Breakfast eggs

Primal Fuel
    I always wonder when I read people eating 2 scrambled eggs with 2 stripes of bacon for breakfast. I always think to myself it's not even worth fetching a pan and use electricity for this.

I could understand eating 2 soft or hard boiled eggs for breakky, but scrambling them just seems weird to me.

How can one even be satisfied from 2 eggs?

I can easily cram 10 boiled eggs down my neck.

What's your take on this?

lizch is offline Senior Member
    Takes me exactly 40 seconds in the microwave to scramble one egg. Way quicker than boiling one. And 2 eggs, 2 bacon slices, one onion, one tomato, and a bunch of spinach/kale is easily enough for me for breakfast....I'm often still digesting it at lunchtime! People vary...I've always been a relatively small eater, except when it came to sugar. Without the sugar now, I always eat modestly.
    Liz.

Zone diet on and off for several years....worked, but too much focus on exact meal composition
    Primal since July 2010...skinniest I've ever been and the least stressed about food

BarbeyGirl is offline Senior Member
    Eggs are fast and easy. Where's the waste in cooking just a couple?

Bacon...that's another story. It's too time-consuming for me to bother with frequently. So, I cook bacon about once a week and fry up enough extra for one or two more meals. (Often, I'll crumble a couple leftover strips into an omelette, or into a saute pan of kale and onion to be served under a pair of eggs over easy.
    Nightlife ~ Chronicles of Less Urban Living, Fresh from In the Night Farm ~ Idaho's Primal Farm! http://inthenightlife.wordpress.com/

Latest post: Stop Being Stupid

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Usually, when I'm doing eggs, it's in addition to something else. I get everything else done, crack the eggs into the pan, and get those cooking (fried, or if I'm doing a soup, poached) while I'm clearing off the table to eat. Usually, by the time I've cleared off the table, it's time to flip the eggs, wait 30s, and plate. A typical breakfast for me (on the offchance I eat it) is 4 slices bacon, spinach, garlic, tomato, and some other veggie (zuke, asparagus, green beans, etc) sauteed in the grease, and 2-4 eggs fried in the remnant grease and butter. I may or may not top that with bacon fried pepperoni and some pine nuts.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Isfahel is offline Senior Member
    I'm currently freaking out because I have no eggs with which to make breakfast. Somehow we ran out last night and I'm pretty much incapable of making a meal without eggs. Oh, and we live 30 minutes from town so that's out This SUCKS!

spearchick is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lizch View Post
    Takes me exactly 40 seconds in the microwave to scramble one egg. Way quicker than boiling one. And 2 eggs, 2 bacon slices, one onion, one tomato, and a bunch of spinach/kale is easily enough for me for breakfast....I'm often still digesting it at lunchtime! People vary...I've always been a relatively small eater, except when it came to sugar. Without the sugar now, I always eat modestly.
    do you add milk to your eggs when you microwave? I've always wanted to try microwaving them, especially since I'm usually short on time in the morning! I need to figure out the right way to microwave my bacon too...it's never crispy when I use the bacon plate I have...

Kitty is offline Member
    I dont know if I have ever just cooked two eggs. Minimum is always 3 and I will often do 4 as a side to most meals that I can think of.
    Whenever we have friends round, it amuses my partner to always call out "guess whose plate this is? the one with a mound of eggs".
    Of course, it's always me. I just cant understand when someone only wants one with breakfast! One? One? really? There isnt a shortage you know!

I only ever microwave food at work when I have a hankering for scrambled eggs at lunchtime and then I use 6 with some spinach and proscuttio. I have some kind of aversion to microwaves, I dont trust them an awful lot.

Quote Originally Posted by lizch View Post
    doesn't the bacon get soggy instead of crunchy in the microwave?

I don't own a microwave and don't intend of buying one. Don't trust them.

I have an egg cooker and always cook 12 to 18 eggs at a time, mostly only soft boiling. I like the yolk still running. This way I always have some eggs handy. When I scramble them I usually go for 6. But I only scramble the whites and throw the raw yolks on top after plating. Yum.

Quote Originally Posted by Isfahel View Post
    I'm currently freaking out because I have no eggs with which to make breakfast. Somehow we ran out last night and I'm pretty much incapable of making a meal without eggs. Oh, and we live 30 minutes from town so that's out This SUCKS!
    poor you. I hope you get over the "egg-crisis". I am sure you have some meat lying around somewhere to throw into a pan.

Maybe you want to think about buying your own chickens :-)

lizch is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by spearchick View Post
    do you add milk to your eggs when you microwave? I've always wanted to try microwaving them, especially since I'm usually short on time in the morning! I need to figure out the right way to microwave my bacon too...it's never crispy when I use the bacon plate I have...
    No, I just put a teaspoon of melted fat in the bowl, then add the egg, beat it with a fork and nuke it for 40 seconds. Comes out like a little omelette. It's harder as you add more eggs, because you do need to stop it every so often to stir it, or the edge gets overcooked while the middle is still liquid.
    Liz.

Zone diet on and off for several years....worked, but too much focus on exact meal composition
    Primal since July 2010...skinniest I've ever been and the least stressed about food

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast