Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Spin off: hair removal, practical questions page 6

moo
    moo is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Hi Zoe,
    There is something called a TRIA. It is a home laser hair removal device. Yep, they are kinda pricy and the laser treatments take some effort but then once it's done, it's done for life. No more razors, bumps, waxes, etc, ever.

I'm sure you will look gorgeous in your new bikini in any case.

edit: I just realized that this was that old thread come back to life and I had already put in this 2c worth
    I ditto that.

I had laser removal for down there and arm pits. Thing is that my leg hair is sparse and blonde and really only needs shaving every other week so I didn't want to pay for the leg hair.

Then I got some random hairs coming back so I got the TRIA to handle that on my own and for the legs. Random hairs do still appear from time to time but overall it is GREAT!

Primalvore is offline Senior Member
    There's a product out there called "Tend Skin" that eliminates those little red bumps, but it is usually absurdly expensive at the drugstore.

Soooo here's a cheap and effective alternative! This is the one thing that has ever worked to clear up my red bumps and irritation.

DIY TendSkin

Uncoated aspirin
    70% alcohol
    Witch Hazel
    A measuring cup/bottle
    2 bottles used to shake mixtures
    1 8oz or more bottle/container to keep finished product

What you do:

1. Pour 5.5oz of 70% alcohol into one bottle.
    2. Drop 18 uncoated aspirins into the alcohol. Cap bottle and shake.
    3. Pour 2.5oz of witch hazel into the second bottle.
    4. Drop 8 uncoated aspirins into the witch hazel. Cap bottle and shake.
    5. Wait awhile (30 minutes to a whole day) for the aspirins to dissolve in the liquids. Shake periodically to help dissolve aspirin and mix. NOTE: not all of the aspirin will dissolve. That’s ok- some of it never will.
    6. Now combine both the alcohol and witch hazel mixtures together into one bottle. Make sure you shake it up before you pour them out so you also get the aspirin residue into the new bottle.

This last bottle is your Tendskin! Use 1-2 a day. Reduce usage if you experience dryness or flaking or irritation. DO NOT USE IF YOU ARE ALLERGIC TO ASPIRIN. Make sure you shake it well before each use. Pour onto a makeup pad and then onto your bikini area

"The Way We Do Anything Is the Way We Do Everything"
    ~ Kancho Cameron Shayne

Blog - The Primal Pantry
    My Leangains/Primal Lifestyle Challenge to begin 2/7/11!
    Check out the Blog for Daily Progress

MalPaz is offline Senior Member
    BUMP....can i get some opinions on this TRIA thing...how long will it take and is it worth it? how exactly does it work. i read the website but im a little lost still...i was debating a brazilian or this TRIA thing...

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    It seems to me that if you like the smooth look you're better off investing in permanent removal. Years back I had electrolysis over a period of time, and ended up with hardly any regrowth. It's probably been 25 years since I've had to shave my legs.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by MalPaz View Post
    BUMP....can i get some opinions on this TRIA thing...how long will it take and is it worth it? how exactly does it work. i read the website but im a little lost still...i was debating a brazilian or this TRIA thing...
    Well, if you add up what you might spend in razors, waxes, nair, etc. over the rest of your lifetime then the Tria comes out ahead. It is not something you can do quickly for the pool party this weekend. It takes several weeks.

For it to work you have to have darkish hair and lightish skin. It will not work on black or dark brown skin and it won't work for light skinned people who have white or really light blond hair (as a natural color). The laser senses the difference between light skin and darker hair and then only zaps the hair root, not the skin around it. If there is not enough difference between your skin and hair color it can burn the skin and hurt like hell.

Badkty22 is offline Senior Member
    I don't do bikini waxing because I never wanted to bother with waiting for the regrowth so I shave. Stick antiperspirant/deodorant is your friend here (following shaving anyway, can't say about waxing). I just put some on immediately after shaving, keeps things smooth and keeps redness/bumps/ingrowns to a minimum. For those who shave under their arms and use a/d, I'm sure you've noticed you don't get many bumps and ingrowns under your arms, same anti-chafing property seems to apply down below.

Important note: Don't rub a/d all over and in your lady bits, just along the front (if you go full bald) and your bikini lines- that is where you'll get irritation from chafing.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456