Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Procreation page

StoneAgeQueen is offline Senior Member

Procreation

Primal Fuel
    I don't want to have babies. Does anyone else feel the same? Besides the fact that pregnancy can bring on, or make diabetic complications worse, I just don't feel the need to have a family. I have nephews and a niece who I love dearly but I just can't imagine having any of my own.

The docs say I can have my tubes tied any time I want (because of the diabetes complications) but I haven't taken the plunge yet. Has anyone here had the operation? Is there much scarring?

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    If you don't want babies, then I'll take yours. I'm feeling fatherly instincts these days like you wouldn't believe.
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

lil_earthmomma is offline Senior Member
    My sister just had a tubal ligation. The scar is pretty much non exsistant, and we're scar prone girls. She was in a lot of pain for the first 72 hours and then by a week she felt fine. She has had some complications with pain where the clamps are situated.

How old are you GC? did this happen suddenly?

Thanks Lil_earthmomma. it's reassuring to know the pain doesn't last long.

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    I'm 31 and it happened right around when I hit 30, pretty suddenly.
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

I'm 29, maybe I should wait a few years then. But I just can't see myself ever wanting kids.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    i felt the same way until i was 31, when i just "felt ready." *but* i also prepared for 5 years to make sure i would basically be ready if i did feel ready. my husband and i felt "ready" on the same day, same moment. and, it has been great.

but you do have options. because of the complications due to diabetes, you can still decide to not have a biological child. You can adopt, or have a surrogate, if you want to have children. It costs considerably more, so do save up the money starting now if you think this would be a viable option for you.

that being said, there are people for whom having a child is the last thing they want, in fact they do not want it. and that is fine. it's not a prerequisite to having a great life. it is totally cool to not want children.

there are many kinds of tubal processes, so you can talk to your doctor about the various sorts. there is the cut, blocking the tubes with some irritating plastic that creates a scar barrier, clamping, and a variety of methods. some of them go through the cervix and in, and others are done laparoscopically, and in most cases both pain and scarring are minimal.

dragonmamma is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Caveman View Post
    If you don't want babies, then I'll take yours. I'm feeling fatherly instincts these days like you wouldn't believe.
    Do you want mine? My son is 22 and my daughter is 19, and the novelty has definitely worn off.

Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    i felt the same way until i was 31, when i just "felt ready." *but* i also prepared for 5 years to make sure i would basically be ready if i did feel ready. my husband and i felt "ready" on the same day, same moment. and, it has been great.

but you do have options. because of the complications due to diabetes, you can still decide to not have a biological child. You can adopt, or have a surrogate, if you want to have children. It costs considerably more, so do save up the money starting now if you think this would be a viable option for you.

that being said, there are people for whom having a child is the last thing they want, in fact they do not want it. and that is fine. it's not a prerequisite to having a great life. it is totally cool to not want children.

there are many kinds of tubal processes, so you can talk to your doctor about the various sorts. there is the cut, blocking the tubes with some irritating plastic that creates a scar barrier, clamping, and a variety of methods. some of them go through the cervix and in, and others are done laparoscopically, and in most cases both pain and scarring are minimal.
    Thanks.

jqbancroft is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I don't want children either, but I'm also pretty young. Still, I have never wanted children (even as a kid). My husband (31) accidentally fathered a child before me and while we both love her, he doesn't desire any children in the future either. He has said though, that if I change my mind he wouldn't keep me from it.

We've discussed getting my tubes tied as well, but as we're each other's only sexual partners we're far more likely for him to get snipped than me.

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast