Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My husband AND best friend are going to give it a try! page

lizch is offline Senior Member

My husband AND best friend are going to give it a try!

Primal Fuel
    I'm so excited, and trying not to show it too much to either of them (nothing worse than an evangelical who thinks they've just won )

My friend has commented a little bit over the months about my renewed health and remarkable change in physique. But a few days ago, she wanted to know ALL about it, and was so interested she said she'd love the book for Christmas. I was already getting the cookbook for her husband, since he's an avid meat eater, so it'll be the perfect set. I am hopeful that several of her niggling health issues will be resolved and she'll feel a ton better.

My husband has been going along with it about 75% at dinner when he mostly eats what I eat. But breakfast is Bran Flakes and toast, and lunch is often sandwiches. He's incredibly thin (6ft2, 150lbs) so no weight issue, but he's fed up of sitting down after meals and falling asleep feeling lousy, particularly when I'm there obnoxiously alert

I think the tipping point for him was that I made almond flour pancakes last night for the first time, and he realized that they tasted better than the normal pancakes. Haven't broken to him yet about the maple syrup though....

So, the summary is: if there are people around you who you think would benefit from this way of life, be patient.
    Liz.

Zone diet on and off for several years....worked, but too much focus on exact meal composition
    Primal since July 2010...skinniest I've ever been and the least stressed about food

kcult is offline Senior Member
    Title is soooo misleading.

lizch is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kcult View Post
    Title is soooo misleading.
    Oh god, you're right!!!!!!!!!! Hope that wasn't freudian!
    Liz.

Zone diet on and off for several years....worked, but too much focus on exact meal composition
    Primal since July 2010...skinniest I've ever been and the least stressed about food

piano-doctor-lady is offline Senior Member
    LOL kcult.

I knew what she meant!

Exciting news, lizch, and you're right --- a comely modesty is called for during this transition.

TigerLily is offline Senior Member
    That is GREAT news, Liz!!
    "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

TornadoGirl is offline Senior Member
    That's awesome, Liz. My husband has been through a lot of diet nonsense with me, so I'm just quietly going about my primal business and keeping lots of bacon in the house, which he loves and I only bought sparingly before.
    Last edited by TornadoGirl; 12-12-2010 at 09:58 AM.

Metismomma is offline Senior Member
    ^ Yes, same here. My husband has seen me follow one extreme to another ir to diet. Though for the past two years I've been slowly transitioning into Primal. I just didn't know it
    Bacon is the key. Once my husband realized there would bacon and steak, he's been much more supportive of my new "crazy" diet.
    Calm the f**k down.

TornadoGirl is offline Senior Member
    Yep, bacon and steak are definitely the way to go. I've got a yummy primal meal cooking and he won't even realize it's primal, bwhahahaha!

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    The title reminds me of a recurring dream I have

Seriously though, that is awesome news. My man is about 80% as he will cook primal, but cannot resist bread and dessert when out at restaurants or other people's homes. He always feel crappy afterwards, but hasn't been able to make that 100% commitment. That's so cool that your husband and friend have.

kcult is offline Senior Member
    I would guess I am around 95% compliant, but I had a bowl of my wife's broccoli soup last night and because she didn't have the volume of broccoli she thought it should have, she threw in some white potatoes. I ate a bowl of it and followed that with a large handful of red grapes. today was the first time in a while that I had to actually poopie at work.

I hope your husband and best friend can hang with it and are not caught "cheating."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast