Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Personal Hygiene Products? page

robf is offline Member

I have been looking on MDA for a post about what people use for their personal hygiene. I have found recipes for home made cleaning products and how the use of hand sanitizer is needless but nothing on this. I'm guessing Grok didn't hit the shower after hunting and running around the wilderness all day, but for me, working with people, not to mention my wife, I don't think a quick dip in the stream out back would cut it.

SO what do you people use for shampoo, soap, deodorant, shaving and teeth brushing? I am just curious. Deodorants have parabens in them, shampoo and soap have sodium lauryl sulfate and a whole host of other chemicals that can't be good on the outside of your body let alone inhaling it along with your hot shower.

I personally use home made soap made by a local lady which I buy at the farmers market, oil for shaving the face and head, and ammonium alum for deodorant, and if I do need some stuff from a company I generally use Burts Bees ( I don't work for them, don't suggest you use their product, nor do I know anybody who does work for them).

What about everybody else?

Rob.

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member

I have some wonderful goat milk soap I buy from a goat farmer in the area. I use it to shave with also. I don't use conditioner. Shampoo I still use Aussie brand just because I like it, and I haven't found anything to replace it with. Deodorant, the same. I just bought some mineral makeup, which is wonderful.

Tara tootie is offline Senior Member

Deodorant: ALBA organics lavender and lichen

Shampoo: JR Ligetts shampoo bar

Conditioner: I just but whatever from the health food store.

Body wash: Dove right now, but sometimes Toms

Lotion: coco oil

Toothpaste: Toms or my homemade stuff:

http://tarablogsabouteverything.blog...oothpaste.html

Makeup: Smokey Mountain Minerals and Bare minerals... and MAC.

Chapstick: ALBA coconut flavor

Life on Earth may be punishing, but it includes an annual free trip around the sun!

SerialSinner is offline Senior Member

I feel terribly unsophisticated.

Deodorant: Mitchum

Soap: Irish spring

Shampoo: Fructis

toothpaste: Colgate

I shave in the shower using my shampoo

Aftershave: usually regular alcohol. Sometimes Polo Black.

“Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.” -Oscar Wilde
    "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." -George Bernard Shaw
    "The trouble with jogging is that the ice falls out of your glass." -Martin Mull

maranne is offline Senior Member

I use

Aveda, Neals Yard, Organix shampoo, regular toothpaste and I love trying out new organic products when they come out. I also use lots of essential oils to moisturize.

Neals Yard do a wonderful deodorant but be warned, it is not for heavy duty sweating!

M

Daughter of Grok Guest

Deoderant: None (dab armpits with a cloth to soak up some of the sweat)

Soap: Baking Soda

Shampoo and Conditioner: Baking Soda

Face and Body Moisturizer: 100% Pure Aloe Vera Gel

Toothpaste: Baking Soda

Jedi is offline Member

I have VERY THICK, ABUNDANT hair and have yet to find an organic conditioner that makes it manageable, anyone got any tips please?

cc40 is offline Junior Member

Huge fan of Dr. Bronner's products.

http://www.drbronner.com/

Miriam Guest

I use organic sulfate, paraben and petroluem free products for all my beauty needs - for foundation, mascara and lipgloss Zuii Organics, David Babaii shampoo and conditioner which is also cruelty free and supports Wildaid and it is good for thick hair and Dr Bronner soap and a herbal toothpaste and aluminium free deodordant called Sukin.

I also use a lot of coconut oil as it has a million uses including taking make up off, shaving legs and is the best moisturizer and hair treatment and I have also recently discovered a brand from NZ called Xtendlife and the products I have used so far have been brilliant (also the company has the same philosophy as MDA).

ChristinaP Guest

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

I use as natural products as I can.

Almay gel deodorant, Body Shop shampoo and conditioner, but I am really trying to find something without SLS that works with my hair type, Tom’s of Maine toothpaste, natural French soap for face and body, and Bare minerals make-up. Pretty simple.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast