Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What?!? infant nutrition... page

Saoirse is online now Senior Member

What?!? infant nutrition...

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    "Children as young as four weeks old are being fed a poor diet of biscuits, ice-cream and soft drinks, according to new Australian research."
    What are babies made of?

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    that's completely nuts. poor kiddos.

my guy was breast milk only until he started eating food on his own at 8 months, at which point he was breast milk and food. his first food was apple, and then asparagus, broccoli, cucumbers, and so on. he preferred veggies. after age 1, he started eating in earnest, and then "chasing" each meal with breast milk. now he's nursing 3 times a day for comfort/rest. i had to impose a schedule, or he was overdoing it (on my end. ouch!).

babies need real food.

Saoirse is online now Senior Member

my poor firstborn was fed rice cereal at 4.5 months. baby #2 started off well except for that homemade chocolate chip cookie her older brother fed her at around 5-6 months. #3 has had nothing but a little mashed fruit (bananas, avocadoes), apple slices, little bits of meat, coconut oil, and sweet potato. it's possible that a tiny bit of butter made its way from my food to his since we usually share a plate, but nothing else. and of course they were all nursed more or less until they wanted to stop.

breast milk cures all ills. LOL

DarthFriendly is offline Banned
    wolf breast milk.

not everyone is as blessed as Romulus and Remus.

my little guy, btw, shares a name with this famous guy. DS's middle name! first name is a norse word, in reference to a particularly spectacular creature, which comes from an older version in a north germanic root that means "To seize!"

unfortunately, i am not a wolf, nor did we have access to any, but i bet it would have served him well. although, i suppose, looking to my personal genetic history, i could shape shift.

Metismomma is offline Senior Member
    My first baby had rice cereal as her first food. My second, bison meat. Guess which one hates bread and loves meat?
    Calm the f**k down.

FairyRae is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    breast milk cures all ills. LOL
    Totally! I use it on all sorts of cuts (anti-bacterial properties), and used it in ds' ears when he had an ear infection, and to clean out his eyes after he's gotten a spec of dirt in them, etc...

Magic stuff!

Jenny is offline Senior Member
    Studies show breast milk cures pinkeye as well as antibiotics do, as I recall. Good stuff. :)
    "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

solovus is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    Studies show breast milk cures pinkeye as well as antibiotics do, as I recall. Good stuff.
    Well, if you don't have access to breast milk the coconut oil is the next best thing. The only thing that has more lauric acid than coconut oil is breast milk.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast