Thread: Can't believe I'm not craving bread! :) page

TornadoGirl is offline Senior Member

Red face Can't believe I'm not craving bread! :)

Shop Now
    Prior to primal, I LOVED my sprouted wheat toast. In fact, I was convinced my well-being hinged on that one slice of cinnamon toast every morning. Sometimes, it was the highlight of my day on the way to work (sad, but true). After three weeks, I don't miss it at all. Not one bit. It doesn't even sound good, and I wouldn't eat it if you toasted it and buttered it for me.

What amazes me about this is that I have done a number of Phase ones of the Fat Flush program and white knuckled it through 2 weeks of meat and veg to get back to my beloved sprouted wheat bread. The first time my carb withdrawal was so bad I thought I would die--really. My heart was pounding and every fiber of my being was screaming for carbs.

I'm curious if the change is mental. I just mentally gave up the idea when I made my commitment to this OR if the extra fat kept me from craving. I had never before accepted the idea of grains as poison to our systems also.

I also spaced out my meals at least 5 or 6 hours with no snacks for three weeks because I was dabbling in something else at the same time (Mastering Leptin by B. Richards) and that might have stalled the cravings?

lizch is offline Senior Member
    I've wondered the same thing. I'd quit eating toast for breakfast in the past, and during those times, the smell of anyone else in the house toasting bread was just intoxicating to me. At the time I remember thinking it smelled even better than it tasted. Now it doesn't smell that great....certainly nothing compared to my bacon, eggs, onions, tomatoes, and kale! Maybe that's the key for me--my taste buds are so excited by primal food that the old stuff is just blah.
    Liz.

Zone diet on and off for several years....worked, but too much focus on exact meal composition
    Primal since July 2010...skinniest I've ever been and the least stressed about food

TornadoGirl is offline Senior Member
    I'm not a big believer in prohibition because it generally backfires, and certainly has for me in the past, but this just feels different. Wonderfully different.