Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Recti distalis or whatever its called page

sarahz is offline Senior Member

Recti distalis or whatever its called

Primal Fuel
    A lady on this forum I was reading named a book which would help with this condition and I can't remember the name of it, it was written by a lady and had some exercises in it to help rectify this problem. If anyone knows the name please let me know as I have this problem and am considering surgery but would like to buy this book first to see if it would help.

Lojasmo is offline Senior Member
    Reading a book won't help, planks might.

http://www.jenifermparker.com/12.html
    Last edited by Lojasmo; 12-11-2010 at 05:01 AM.

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    sarahz, i've read that surgery doesn't really work. this is from women who have had multiple surgeries to correct the issue.

Grizz is offline Banned
    Did you mean Diastasis Recti
    the separation of the abdominal muscles?
    http://www.plasticsurgery4u.com/proc...minoplasty.htm
    http://www.befitmom.com/abdominal_separation.html

I saw this surgery on one of "The Doctors TV Show."

Grizz

TigerLily is offline Senior Member
    No surgery needed! There are exercises you can do that will fix you right up.
    "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

Tigerlily do you know what exercises. I have been doing the plank for ages so I know that one. Cheers.

Oh I also forgot to mention that my child is 2 so this situation is not directly after child birth that's why I'm hoping its not to late.

MIstressKiki is offline Senior Member
    I think the book you are thinking of is The Tupler Technique by Julie Tupler.

She is a bit preachy and downbeat, if I am honest, but if you can ignore that and just concentrate on the exercise techniques and ways to "protect" your tummy it is rather effective. I could put my fist through my diastasis (at 14 months post partum) and 5 months later, after following her method, it was down to about 1.5 fingers so it does take time, but IS effective even a good while post partum.

You might also take a look at Peggy Brill's The core programme too; probably better for after you have healed the diastasis as there are some crunch-like exercises here which could ruin all your work. I would say go with the former right now and maybe borrow a copy of the latter from your local library, or flick through it at a bookshop and see what you think.

DON'T get Ms Tupler's dvd though - it turns a 30 minute exercise programme into about 1.5 hours as she explains every single exercise in detail, without there being a run through section to take you through the actual routine. Again if you can borrow a copy just to get the form down properly that is (in my opinion) better than spending money on something I found almost unwatchable.

I am also seeing a physiotherapist as I wrenched my tummy while my boy was in hospital recently and it has "all gone to pot" (ie re-opened to a fairly large degree) which was annoying after all my hard work so it is IMPORTANT to protect your new tummy as much as you are able. I shall be restarting the TT next month, when the effects of going primal kick start my vanity gene ;-D

Hope this was the sort of thing you meant and good luck!!

MK xx

Sorry about any odd typos, highlights etc - its late and I haven't had much sleep :-P
    Last edited by MIstressKiki; 01-06-2011 at 03:56 PM. Reason: Tiredness

it1958 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Thanks for this, ladies. I, too, have diastisis recti and am looking for good references on how to repair it.

Interestingly, I've read recently that planks should NOT be done...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast