Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I got mad at a restaurant page

AnneArchy is offline Senior Member

Angry I got mad at a restaurant

Shop Now
    Maybe it's my PMS?

I stopped by a Organic Raw Vegan take-out place near my apt hoping to order a wrap. Most of their wraps are filled with veggies and nut mixtures and some of them come wrapped in cabbage or other greens. They're really friggin good and it's the only non-fast food place around here. I was out of stuff to cook with and I'm being lazy...anyways..

They had two wrap specials - one wrap was wrapped in greens and the other wasn't. I asked if I could have the wrap not listed as being wrapped in greens wrapped in greens and the girl said no. Other items had the option of being served over cabbage or flax bread so I asked if I could have it wrapped in cabbage or over cabbage and she said no again. She said to me, "Ma'am.. haven't you ever been to a restaurant before? Do they change things for you?" I said ,"Yes. ALL THE TIME!"

Then I asked if I could speak to the cook(it's a small place he was standing just a few feet away). I asked him about using the cabbage that could be used for all the different menu items. He said if he used cabbage for my 1 wrap that it would mess up his entire supply of cabbage for all the other items. He doesn't even have 2 pieces to spare basically...I walked out.

My dinner instead tonight was Primal coconut milk hot cocoa .

Oh how I wish this went waaaay mainstream and it would be easy to get a hold of Paleo foods!!!!

Unamused Mouse is offline Senior Member
    I think they were just being stupid. Why would it put his whole day in jeopardy if they gave you a leaf or two of cabbage?? Ridiculous.

RSL
    RSL is offline Senior Member
    I can guarantee that the owner of the restaurant was nowhere nearby when his employees, out of stupidity, were driving customers away.
    Rebecca

Right click here to watch me lose 22.5 pounds of body fat and gain 5.5 pounds of muscle in only 5 months right before your eyes in this cool morphing video!

Click the banner below to visit my blog:

Feb 2009 - 158 pounds - 43.6% body fat
    Aug 2013 - 138 pounds - 34.3% body fat
    So far, lost 19.8 pounds of body fat and gained 1.8 pounds of lean mass
    Goal - 136 pounds - 30% body fat
    Still need to lose 6.4 more pounds of body fat and gain 4.2 more pounds of lean mass

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Even most fast food restaurants will try to accommodate the customer, not just the one that says have it your way.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

Noctiluca is offline Senior Member
    That is entirely stupid. If they are THAT close on ingredients (i.e. the cabbage) they need to send one of those charming and helpful staff members to the grocery store!

(And I'll say that from the perspective of someone who has worked as a cook in a restaurant. Of COURSE they could have changed it. That was pure stupidity!)

Ellie G is offline Senior Member
    How frustrating for you!

I would write a letter. (Well, I would plan to write a letter and then forget about it until it's been way too long, but you know what I mean.)

girl scout is offline Senior Member
    Maybe they should take a look and eating Primal... then they wouldn't be so lazy!

periquin is offline Senior Member
    That is the way things are today after the young'uns go through government mind control and indoctrination centers (public schools or private school clones). I have two stories along those lines. These are not from a time of the best eating on my part.

The first was just me cracking jokes. An affliction from way back. A group of us went on lunch break to a nearby pizza place. It was five dollars for all you could eat. Just being a wise butt, I asked the young lady if I could pay a little extra and get more than I could eat. Most of my fellow workers had to chuckle at that. They laughed out loud when that cashier told me that I couldn't have more than I could eat because they only allowed having all you could eat, like the menu said. Smart?

The other was in a pizza place again many years later. They had a special on a pepperoni pizza. I asked for the reduced price but told the man behind the counter that he could keep the pepperoni. He told me that I could only have the sale price if I had the pepperoni pizza. Fine. I asked for the pepperoni on the side. When it was delivered I threw the wrapped pile of pepperoni in the trash. A few of the customers waiting for their orders laughed at that but there was one who thought that I was somehow violating everything America stood for by wanting 'something for nothing'. Smart?

Don't bother complaining to management. They won't understand either.
    Tayatha om bekandze

Bekandze maha bekandze

Randza samu gate soha

SteakNchop is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by periquin View Post
    That is the way things are today after the young'uns go through government mind control and indoctrination centers (public schools or private school clones). I have two stories along those lines. These are not from a time of the best eating on my part.

The first was just me cracking jokes. An affliction from way back. A group of us went on lunch break to a nearby pizza place. It was five dollars for all you could eat. Just being a wise butt, I asked the young lady if I could pay a little extra and get more than I could eat. Most of my fellow workers had to chuckle at that. They laughed out loud when that cashier told me that I couldn't have more than I could eat because they only allowed having all you could eat, like the menu said. Smart?

The other was in a pizza place again many years later. They had a special on a pepperoni pizza. I asked for the reduced price but told the man behind the counter that he could keep the pepperoni. He told me that I could only have the sale price if I had the pepperoni pizza. Fine. I asked for the pepperoni on the side. When it was delivered I threw the wrapped pile of pepperoni in the trash. A few of the customers waiting for their orders laughed at that but there was one who thought that I was somehow violating everything America stood for by wanting 'something for nothing'. Smart?

Don't bother complaining to management. They won't understand either.
    I can't stop laughing.

Bostonbully is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AnneArchy View Post
    I stopped by an Organic Raw Vegan take-out place
    This is where you went wrong.
    "Live Free or Die"

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast