Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is a LOT of fat okay? page

CBickley is offline Junior Member

Is a LOT of fat okay?

Pardon my obsession with numbers, but I am an Engineer by trade... I am 6'6" 240 pounds, and so I typically aim for about 210 grams of protein a day, and between 100 - 150 carbs, per the PB. However, in order to get enough calories to keep me from wasting away, I end up eating over 50% of my calories from fat.

Is this bad or am I just still programmed to the Conventional Wisdom way of thinking? Should I scale up the carb limits a bit due to my height and weight or just keep eating the (good) fat?

kcult is offline Senior Member
    Fat. Eat it.

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member
    Is this bad or am I just still programmed to the Conventional Wisdom way of thinking? Should I scale up the carb limits a bit due to my height and weight or just keep eating the (good) fat?
    Still programmed. I eat about 50% of my calories from fat per Mark's recommendations. Read this.

Bane is offline Senior Member
    There aren't too many days where my fat intake is below 50%.

CBickley is offline Junior Member
    Awesome. Thanks, y'all. I am very excited about this journey to better health.

RSL
    RSL is offline Senior Member
    My fat is between 65% and 70% every day.

Allbeef Patty is offline Senior Member
    Fat... it's what's for dinner.

kmacphee is offline Senior Member
    I tend to eat a bunch of fat, but when I get too much (for me) I spend more time on the toilet. I also have issues with combining milk, coconut milk and cream into smoothies - nasty gut pains - so I need to be smart with the pat intake. Having said that, I don't shy away from it, in fact I look for more ways to include it in the diet, but like I said, I need to be careful that I don't go overboard.

Allbeef Patty is offline Senior Member
    Kmacphee, have you ever considered that you may be lactose intolerant? I didn't know that I was until I went without dairy for a while, then had some.

ProtoAlex is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    kmachphee, something sounds amiss about your digestive system. Have you been tested for major food intolerances or digestive diseases? Improper fat digestion is a major component of a lot of different gut/intolerance issues, it's something I suffered from for a long time before getting diagnosed with gluten intolerance. Now without that poison in my diet I regularly "snack" by drinking cans of refrigerated coconut milk mixed with cinnamon with no issue, 500 fat calories each!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast