Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Do we not have an ADHD thread yet? page

JenCat is offline Senior Member

Smile Do we not have an ADHD thread yet?

Shop Now
    I did a quick search for ADHD. My daughter has been diagnosed with it. I'm using various supplements with her and working on changing the diet. A friend of mine is having some trouble with her ADHD son. I've told her what I use for my daughter, but would love to have a definitive list of supplements with a reason for each. I want to give her more than my "opinion." Thanks in advance for any responses!

TornadoGirl is offline Senior Member
    For some quick relief while overhauling the diet to primal, try nativeremedies.com. I have actually used their adult ADD formula with good results. A psychologist has forumulated these herbal and homeopathic remedies. I also recommend lots of fish oil. Every developing brain needs more omega 3's.

strom is offline Senior Member

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    I highly recommend this book. It's worked wonders for me, I also intend to give it to my sister when I can (she's severely ADHD.)
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    I highly recommend this book. It's worked wonders for me, I also intend to give it to my sister when I can (she's severely ADHD.)
    Just added the book to my Amazon wish list. Thanks!

strom is offline Senior Member
    Does the book go over non medicinal ways of dealing with it? Stratera and the wide array of stimulants I have tried don't work that well.

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    I have a feeling a high (saturated) fat diet will put that in order.
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Caveman View Post
    I have a feeling a high (saturated) fat diet will put that in order.
    I am hoping that that will help my daughter. It's a little harder to convince someone else of that, though. I'm trying to start her (my friend) off with some supplements for her son. I think I can "sell" those. We'll have to work up to the saturated fat.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by strom View Post
    Does the book go over non medicinal ways of dealing with it? Stratera and the wide array of stimulants I have tried don't work that well.
    Yes. That's why it's helped me so much. I've learned tricks over the years that I used to get by. Now that I have an actual job, those tricks were starting to not work as well. This book actually gave me several new methods of dealing with it. He basically theorizes that ADD people are the people who were passed on the paleolithic Hunter genes, as opposed to the more common Farmer genes and how to use those genes to your advantage in dealing with an increasingly Farmer world. I got the book for $1 at a used book store.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

lcme is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    Yes. That's why it's helped me so much. I've learned tricks over the years that I used to get by. Now that I have an actual job, those tricks were starting to not work as well. This book actually gave me several new methods of dealing with it. He basically theorizes that ADD people are the people who were passed on the paleolithic Hunter genes, as opposed to the more common Farmer genes and how to use those genes to your advantage in dealing with an increasingly Farmer world. I got the book for $1 at a used book store.
    wow. I want to read this book now. Something that reaffirms my belief in paleo. yes! hahah.

I wish my bro would read more books, he needs help with his ADD and other issues, but once someone is an adult it becomes their own problem. *sigh*

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast