Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Nightshade Free Support Thread page 6

jammies is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I made nightshade-free, primal "tacos" tonight that were actually pretty yummy.

Browned ground beef in bacon fat plus cumin, turmeric, black pepper, sea salt.

While beef was browning I made a puree of 5 baby carrots, 3/4 yellow onion, about a half cup chicken stock, and three cloves of garlic in my blender. I poured this over the cooking beef and stirred it in. Simmered pan for about 10-15 minutes.

While the meat was cooking, I chopped an avocado and mixed with lemon juice, sea salt and cumin. (Normally would add cilantro and red onion, but was out - I think they would have been a great addition)

I spooned the meat into Romain lettuce leaves and topped with the avocado mixture, wrapped and ate! It was surprisingly good. If you do dairy, I think a little cheese and sour cream would be awesome on this.

FairyRae is offline Senior Member
    Yum--thanks for sharing jammies!! I'd add lime juice in place of the lemon in the avocado/guac and basically make it just as you mentioned.

I have ground beef in the fridge along w/ bone broth that I wasn't sure what I'd use it for (got soup already). I think I'll try these tomorrow!
    My Before/After Pics
    Are you new here? Be sure to check these links FIRST, before reading anything on the forum! Succeed & PB 101

"I am a work in progress." -Ani DiFranco

TigerLily is offline Senior Member
    Hi ladies~

An interesting update: I had some tomatoes in a soup (first time I've had any nightshades of any sort in a while now), and within 12 hours the crackling in my right knee was back with a vengeance.
    "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

Sorry TL.
    My Before/After Pics
    Are you new here? Be sure to check these links FIRST, before reading anything on the forum! Succeed & PB 101

TigerLily is offline Senior Member
    Lesson learned, FairyRae!
    (and re-learned and re-learned and re-learned....)
    I must be a slow learner. You'd think I'd have learned by now.

Anyway, interesting science experiment.

Also gave me GERD, too. Meh. Not worth it.
    "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

periquin is offline Senior Member
    Oh Happy Day! I just finished testing my reaction to blueberries, green apples, okra, and artichokes. No problems.

The only hardship was the few weeks without blueberries and apples.

I didn't really expect anything but since I read about the possibility last month--as reported earlier in this thread---I decided to prove things.
    Tayatha om bekandze

Bekandze maha bekandze

Randza samu gate soha

Woo hoo Periquin!!

Sort of random question for you, but I know you're the one to ask. On the know the cause diet phase one, are there any specific recs as far as to daily limits on berries and green apples? Just wondering!
    My Before/After Pics

periquin is offline Senior Member
    About the Phase one diet.----- The Phase one diet is a list of allowable foods, and some recommendations for supplements. There is no requirement to eat certain things at certain times. I guess that Doug Kaufmann expects us to be reasonable and intelligent and not go overboard.

Sign up on his website and you will receive a monthly newsletter with a handful of articles and one of them is always from the resident dietician. She writes about nutrition and lists recipes. Once onboard, you can access older editions and collect recipes. The thing is that a primal blueprint or paleo diet is nearly the same as the anti-fungal diet. So I wouldn't worry too much about not getting things just right for the Phase one plan. The main difference is the limitation on types of fruit. Phase one allows only lemons, limes, grapefruits, avocados, green apples, and berries. There are some differences in dairy and oils too, but I wouldn't be too concerned about it.
    Tayatha om bekandze

Bekandze maha bekandze

Randza samu gate soha

Thanks so much Periquin!
    My Before/After Pics

moo
    moo is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Love this thread.

I am also nightshade free, well, to the extent I didn't know about Paprika and mustard both of which I don't eat much of anyhow.

Life without tomatoes is a hard thing to adjust to. One slice and I am in pain though.

My boys have been complaining of muscle aches daily. While it may be growing pains (?) it could also be attributed to the mashed potatoes for dinner? I have gotten them both off bread and pasta so potatoes were a big deal to them.

I think I will eliminate the potatoes and see how they do. I haven't eaten potatoes in years so I guess I just didn't make the connection with night shade.

Anyone else have muscle aches from potatoes?

Thanks for all the great stuff in this thread

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast