Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Nightshade Free Support Thread page 11

Horsewoman is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by brahnamin View Post
    Fresh, ripe tomatoes. I was actually surprised at how easy it was for me to give up ketchup on ground beef. Of course, YMMV, and it helps that last summer I had a garden overflowing with the delicious little bastards . . .

On a side note, *almost* ripe tomatoes and unripe tomatoes - meh - not so ketchuppy.
    I think youll find tomatoes are a nightshade lol
    Gluten intolerance and hypermobility syndrome http://www.cfids.org/pdf/joint-hypermobility-guide.pdf

Eat food. Mostly real. Enjoy life.

Health, energy, wellbeing, vitality, joy, LIFE! Health At Every Size

"Do not ask what the world needs; ask yourself what makes you come alive. And then go and do that, because what the world needs is people who have come alive."
    Harold Whitman

brahnamin is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsewoman View Post
    I think youll find tomatoes are a nightshade lol
    *sh!t*

I really am off my game today. I wasn't even paying attention to what thread I was in.

*wanders off to edit other post*

Thanks for the catch.

Quote Originally Posted by brahnamin View Post
    *sh!t*

I really am off my game today. I wasn't even paying attention to what thread I was in.

*wanders off to edit other post*

Thanks for the catch.
    Thanks for the laugh!
    Gluten intolerance and hypermobility syndrome http://www.cfids.org/pdf/joint-hypermobility-guide.pdf

"Do not ask what the world needs; ask yourself what makes you come alive. And then go and do that, because what the world needs is people who have come alive."
    Harold Whitman

Well I'm not seeing any improvement from going nightshade free, so I'm going to keep to that but also cut out the rice. Bit frustrating, I would really like the all over soreness to be gone, well yesterday really lol. Not sure how I'm going to manage for carbs since I seem to need really good proper starches. Have got two types of sweet potato, some parsnips for with the roast lamb for tea.

Harold Whitman

primalTatoolover is offline Senior Member
    it doesnt necessarily have to be the carbs....maybe its something else possibly even something primal that your body is just not liking....it could also be just that youve eliminated whats irritating the pain it just needs a bit more time to really get away....joint pain can be caused by calcium and protein deficiency as well as certain other minerals...potassium even...your system might need some time to restock its nutrient base if you werent assimilating all ur nutrients properly before...thats what happened to me! give it time im sure itll work out ..best thing i can say is up your mineral content! its kind of two in one youll get better overall absorption that way and possibly fix any issues...could also be a training thing...do u train alot?

Quote Originally Posted by primalTatoolover View Post
    it doesnt necessarily have to be the carbs....maybe its something else possibly even something primal that your body is just not liking....it could also be just that youve eliminated whats irritating the pain it just needs a bit more time to really get away....joint pain can be caused by calcium and protein deficiency as well as certain other minerals...potassium even...your system might need some time to restock its nutrient base if you werent assimilating all ur nutrients properly before...thats what happened to me! give it time im sure itll work out ..best thing i can say is up your mineral content! its kind of two in one youll get better overall absorption that way and possibly fix any issues...could also be a training thing...do u train alot?
    I was free of joint pain for 9 months doing LC, then added in potatoes, rice and sweet potatoes and a few days later it started. I get joint pain from gluten and corn too, it always starts around 4 days after exposure and then takes about a week to go. So it seems pretty clear it is one or more of the foods I added in that is causing the problem. Hopefully it'll go over the next few weeks and if so I can experiment with reintroducing potatoes and rice one at a time so I can be clear exactly what's going on

Harold Whitman

primalTatoolover is offline Senior Member
    darn..the human body is a pain in the ass...good luck!

jammies is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsewoman View Post
    Well I'm not seeing any improvement from going nightshade free, so I'm going to keep to that but also cut out the rice. Bit frustrating, I would really like the all over soreness to be gone, well yesterday really lol. Not sure how I'm going to manage for carbs since I seem to need really good proper starches. Have got two types of sweet potato, some parsnips for with the roast lamb for tea.
    I know rice is very benign for many people, but I get heartburn 100% of the time if I consume rice. It may also be inflammatory for me. Rice is considered a high lectin food and in fact contains lectins with very high binding affinity for human proteins. Many of them are removed from white rice, but if you are sensitive it is probably more than enough to create a reaction.

jammies is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by primalTatoolover View Post
    loll im going to use that term from now on...why do you feel like shit..ive been GLUTENED! haha urgh..nightshade talk depresses me im such a huge fan of ketchup and paprika..i use them on everythinggg does anyone know of something that has a similar taste to ketchup?
    As for a ketchup substitute, I use chopped red onion with lime juice, vinegar, sea salt, and cilantro. I love it and whenever I serve it to guests they always eat tons of it and ask for the recipe. You could add a little honey if you wanted some sweetness.

Hey well maybe it's the rice, and I might actually be able to eat nightshades, you never know! I'd gladly swap rice for tomato and aubergine.

Harold Whitman

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast