Thread: Right on! page

BethanyK is offline Senior Member

Right on!

Shop Now
    I'm feeling victorious!

Sometimes, I feel like I'm just going to cave in and completely fail to get my family off of grains and sugar. Some days are a struggle of whining for bagels or sandwiches, or begging for Cheetos in the grocery store, or complaining that they don't like dinner. Today, there have been no complaints.

One of the best parts is that I made spaghetti with spaghetti squash for the noodles. Everyone ate. The Boy, who refuses to eat anything he percieves as fruit or vegetable, ate 2 servings. Oh, and the dessert of baked pumpkin with vanilla whipped cream was appreciated too.

I know this isn't all that interesting, but I had to share my joy with someone.

Lojasmo is offline Senior Member
    Nice story.

splunky is offline Senior Member
    That sure is a great victory! I certainly can share in your feelins of happiness for the success. Any hurdle I work so hard to overcome with my children is completely undone by my husband who will buy oreos, diet pepsi and chocolate covered pretzels when all I asked him to get was broccoli.
    At least I got them using chocolate stevia for thier hot cocoa instead of the awfeul powdered mixes! That's one huge hurdle right there!
    Great job, keep up the great work!

solovus is offline Junior Member
    I'd take some spaghetti squash spaghetti and baked pumpkin with vanilla whipped cream over oreas, diet pepsi, and chocolate covered pretzels any day! Diet Pepsi and junk food? It's not bad enough that he's poisoning himself with all that refined sugar/fructose, but he feels the need to add some more toxins to the mix with his faux-Pepsi...that stuff is disgusting too.

Great job on pushing your family in the right direction!!!

Mandolin is offline Senior Member
    Love that feeling of success! I have 2 picky eaters, too, and anytime they're on board for an entirely Primal meal is reason to celebrate. I made spaghetti squash and meatballs 3 nights ago, and the kids loved it. They're also big fans of egg, ham, cheese, and veggie "pizza" (aka: frittata cut into pizza slices).

BethanyK is offline Senior Member
    I've never thought to call a frittata a pizza. That's a great idea and I bet I could get a better response if I phrased it that way.

Normally, they'll eat some meals without complaint, but not all at the same time. Really, its a case of getting every single person to not complain over their food all day long. I never realized what a drag it is, until a day like today with no food whining. LOL