Thread: Endocrinologist in L.A. page

bob
    bob is offline Member

Question Endocrinologist in L.A.

Primal Fuel
    Does anyone have a recommendation for an endocrinologist, preferably in the South Bay area of Los Angeles? The west side is fine, too. I am looking for someone who is knowledgeable in osteoporosis (and hyperparathyroidism), versus someone who specializes in diabetes care. And of course, a primal-friendly attitude would be a dream come true!

Thank you all in advance and happy holidays,
    Bob

nfactor13 is offline Junior Member
    I have a similar request for any in southern California. I'm in Riverside County, work in Orange County, and I'd be willing to drive up to an hour to a primal-friendly doctor who treats type 1 diabetes

DFH
    DFH is offline Senior Member
    I go to Holtorf Med Group in Torrance. They don't use the term "Primal," but they like to tell patients with insulin resistance to do South Beach, phase 1 (VLC), and they are into natural, bio-identical meds, not "big pharma."

I don't think they do type 1 diabetes, but they can help you not get type 2.

I saw them for hypothyroid. They found adrenal fatigue too, and sorted out problems no one else could figure out. It's as close to Primal as you could expect.

I moved across the US, but I won't switch docs. It took too long to find one that knew what to do. I go back to Torrance once a year and do the rest via local labs.

hermanda is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Who do you see in Torrance? I noticed on their site that they have a Chris Sterrett MD in Pasadena which is closer to me. Have you heard of him? I will gladly drive the hour to Torrance is you have a doc there you love. I'm treading water with my hypothyroid and my doc won't put me on anything but Synthroid and my T3 has bottomed out.
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by DFH View Post
    I go to Holtorf Med Group in Torrance. They don't use the term "Primal," but they like to tell patients with insulin resistance to do South Beach, phase 1 (VLC), and they are into natural, bio-identical meds, not "big pharma."

I don't think they do type 1 diabetes, but they can help you not get type 2.

I saw them for hypothyroid. They found adrenal fatigue too, and sorted out problems no one else could figure out. It's as close to Primal as you could expect.

I moved across the US, but I won't switch docs. It took too long to find one that knew what to do. I go back to Torrance once a year and do the rest via local labs.
    In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer. -- Albert Camus