Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: feeling a little guilty page

soul74 is offline Junior Member

feeling a little guilty

Shop Now
    i did a IF today well not for long but i did manage to skip breakfast and for lunch I had a vegetable bowl of carrots and asparagus and chopped up grilled chicked on the side

but i made the mistake of snacking on M&M's so now i'm feeling a little guilty about it..what should i do when I have a sugar craving like that?? which by the way will be the most challenging part of adapting to the primal/paleo lifestyle.

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member
    .what should i do when I have a sugar craving like that??
    Eat fat. Relax. Your cravings will go away if you don't feed them!
    Last edited by Dragonfly; 12-08-2010 at 01:34 PM.

Griff is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by soul74 View Post
    i did a IF today well not for long but i did manage to skip breakfast and for lunch I had a vegetable bowl of carrots and asparagus and chopped up grilled chicked on the side

but i made the mistake of snacking on M&M's so now i'm feeling a little guilty about it..what should i do when I have a sugar craving like that?? which by the way will be the most challenging part of adapting to the primal/paleo lifestyle.
    No wonder you succumbed. I see ZERO fat in your lunch.

Eat something fatty, and resist the craving. Do this every time. Eventually there will be no cravings anymore - but you MUST NOT feed them!
    Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

soul74 is offline Junior Member
    what would be condisered fatty?? and what about proteins?? cause that was what the grilled chicken was for.

Sue
    Sue is offline Senior Member
    Instead of grilling chicken you could have pan-fried it in olive oil or coconut oil. Probably be more juicier than grilling. Add a salad to the meal with olive oil as a salad dressing. Add avocado in your salad for extra fat.

Chairdr is offline Senior Member
    You need to go cold turkey on those processed sugars if you expect to lose the cravings. & EAT FAT!
    "Don't dream it, be it"

-Dr. Frank-N-Furter

earthspirit is offline Senior Member
    put some avocado on top of that chicken, or fry it up in some bacon fat or smother it in a home made holandaise sauce - or all of the above! there's some fatty goodness for ya.

Suse is offline Senior Member
    I know how hard it is, I wish it was as easy as just saying no. sometimes it is, sometimes it isnt. I havent found having more fat in my diet has helped me with this problem. But sometimes I will just look at something I would normally eat, (like at the chiropracter today, he has a big bowl of jellybeans on the counter) and stare at them and tell them loudly no, I do not need to eat you. Ok I look like bit of a dick sometimes (like at the chiro) but it helps me mentally! Either way, indulge in 2 seconds of guilt and then get back on the horse. Everyone falls off at some point along the way.

kiwineil is offline Senior Member
    blueberries .... ???
    avocado?
    wrap the chicken in bacon ...

Izzylu is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Suse View Post
    But sometimes I will just look at something I would normally eat, (like at the chiropracter today, he has a big bowl of jellybeans on the counter) and stare at them and tell them loudly no, I do not need to eat you.
    Funny you say this, my chiro is who got me into this. His office is my one safe haven!
    Strong is the new Skinny!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast