Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ideas for Paleo-related education? page

goneprimal is offline Member

Lightbulb Ideas for Paleo-related education?

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Can anyone suggest ways to become involved in cutting edge Paleo research? The goal being to eventually help affect change in conventional wisdom...by discovering, compiling, and demonstrating the merits of paleo principles.

I'm broadly interested in the subject, and would be willing to become a research assistant, take more formal university training, develop a paleo website (ideally creating original content)....etc.

Put differently, how do I gain expert power and use it to shape society in a positive way?
    Experiencing paleo health benefits oneself, and accepting the basic theory behind them, is something like waking up from the matrix...this shouldn't be so.

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    Become a molecular biologist by day and physical anthropologist by night. Wear a cape.
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by goneprimal View Post
    Can anyone suggest ways to become involved in cutting edge Paleo research? The goal being to eventually help affect change in conventional wisdom...by discovering, compiling, and demonstrating the merits of paleo principles.

I'm broadly interested in the subject, and would be willing to become a research assistant, take more formal university training, develop a paleo website (ideally creating original content)....etc.

Put differently, how do I gain expert power and use it to shape society in a positive way?
    Experiencing paleo health benefits oneself, and accepting the basic theory behind them, is something like waking up from the matrix...this shouldn't be so.
    Are you around NYC or willing to relocate? John Durant is looking for somebody to help him do research for his book, potentially build a website, etc. www.hunter-gatherer.com

Grizz is offline Banned

YES ! Start with my Research Report at the bottom of my message. This will get you up to speed on the latest & best medical research from REPUTABLE doctors & other pristine sources such as Universities.

Best of luck to you,
    Grizz

iniQuity: That would be ideal....I'm across the continent, working hard and saving to be able to afford to take action...Tim Ferriss style.

I'm sure someone on these boards would jump at the chance, though....

Quote Originally Posted by Grizz View Post
    YES ! Start with my Research Report at the bottom of my message. This will get you up to speed on the latest & best medical research from REPUTABLE doctors & other pristine sources such as Universities.

Best of luck to you,
    Grizz
    Thanks Grizz, I'll look into it! You are quite an expert yourself!

Grizz is offline Banned
    Can anyone suggest ways to become involved in cutting edge Paleo research? The goal being to eventually help affect change in conventional wisdom...by discovering, compiling, and demonstrating the merits of paleo principles.....
    What I have learned over the past 6 months is totally shocking. There is clearly a conspiracy between government & and the drug/medical professions to make sure people fill hospital beds, fill waiting rooms, and remain sickly. There can be no other conclusion. If the entire population simply took enough vitamin D for optimum 25(OH)D Blood Level of 60-70 ng/ml, major population groups would become healthy. In addition, if everyone went on a Paleo diet, a majority of diabetes & health problems would vanish.

You will be fighting against City Hall, and this is a losing proposition. The food & drug companies, the AMA & ADA will be fighting against you. A healthy public does not make any money for these groups, and this is all about money. Public Health be damned. Just look at cigarettes, and how little has been done to stop smoking. Governments need those tobacco tax revenues so little is done to stop smoking.

You will also be fighting against the biggest propaganda machine in history: The Big Food Companies. Our population is brain washed and addicted to unhealthy products. People just won't believe us when we tell them that bread, soda pop, and munchies are unhealthy. Prime example is "Heart Healthy" Oatmeal. Another prime example is the American Diabetes Assn telling their sicko clients to eat from the standard food pyramid (loaded with carbs), which we all know is the WORST possible diet for a diabetic ! Who are WE to argue against a diabetes doctor?

We are a fringe group of NUT JOBS according to the major media, who depend on advertising dollars. Welcome to the fight. I'm not giving up the fight and I hope you don't either. We need every person to help spread the gospel on Vitamin D and the Paleo Diet.

Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 12-10-2010 at 12:03 PM.

jasonph is offline Senior Member
    This thread sounds, in all honesty, incredibly silly

mayness is offline Senior Member
    What's your current background? What sort of education do you have, and what do you currently do for a living? What are your strengths?

I've had the same thoughts as you - now that I'm so interested in health and nutrition, I feel like I should be putting my effort toward expanding that body of knowledge. I'm coming at it as a scientist who is already halfway through a PhD in biochemistry, so it's a completely different issue for me, but I can relate to the urge to contribute. =]

The internet is flooded with paleo/primal blogs (I know because I've got like 13028309128 of them in my RSS reader) and there are new books coming out every day. So if your goal was to just advance the awareness of these ideas, it would be rough right now, unless you've got a new creative angle to take or you're a particularly excellent writer.

Do you have any science background? Not necessarily biology... maybe a bachelors degree in a physical science or engineering or something? I think we could use more people to analyze the newest research and write about it in easier-to-understand ways. I don't have time to read all the papers I'd like to read, or even to discover their existence, so I love blogs that tell me about them (people like Chris Masterjohn, Ned Kock, Emily Deans, etc). There are new papers coming out all the time that could stand to be disseminated to the public.

If you actually want to develop NEW knowledge, you could approach it from either the sciences or the "social sciences," but either way you're probably gonna have to go back to school. There are lots of scientific fields that could lead you there - biochemistry, molecular biology, genetics, medical chemistry, computational biology, many more I'm not thinking of right now. Something like anthropology could lead you into studying modern hunter-gatherers, or historical information about health and diets... I know nothing about that stuff so I'm just guessing.
    "mayness, you need to have a siggy line that says "Paleo Information Desk" or something!" -FMN <3

I'm blogging again, at least a little bit.

aktres is offline Senior Member
    Grizz, I hate to encourage conspiracy theories, but this article is a must-read:

http://www.vanityfair.com/politics/f...edicine-201101

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast