Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Monotonous page

Izzylu is offline Senior Member

Monotonous

Primal Fuel
    I've been eating 95% primal for about two months now and I'm feeling burnt out. Not physically but mentally. I feel as if I'm beginning to lose that passion that I had when starting and it's becoming a chore. I want to keep going and do not want this to become like other "diets". I feel like I have explored my creative side. I find that I'm constantly wanting to eat and, though I eat a lot of fat and protein, wonder if there's something missing. Some reason why this is kicking up for me. I've recently added some dairy in and worry that I'm slipping back into that old way of thinking and eating (one slice of cheese is to many and a thousand is never enough). Is this common? If so, what are some of the ways you have gotten the primal fire back? Thanks
    Strong is the new Skinny!

... or maybe it's just the weather.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Check your nutrients. You may be low in something.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

lizch is offline Senior Member
    Whenever I get that feeling, I grab the PB Cookbook and try something new from that.
    Liz.

Zone diet on and off for several years....worked, but too much focus on exact meal composition
    Primal since July 2010...skinniest I've ever been and the least stressed about food

kitana is offline Senior Member
    Think back - I bet your old CW diet got monotonous too sometimes. Mine certainly did. This is just a new kind of monotonous. Go pick out some ingredients you've never played with before and figure out a meal based on them. Or go look in the recipe forum - there's always great ideas there and folks are full of inspiration if you ask. Planning a dinner party always gets me out of a rut and reminds me of how many primal options I truly have. I don't have the PB cookbook, but I'm certainly looking forward to getting it in the near future. Don't forget to enjoy yourself and Have Fun!

primal_jessjane is offline Senior Member
    Ummm... Rediscover your crockpot and a pork butt. ;-)

Thanks. I've decided to try if'ing today. I've done cleanses in the past and even the Master Cleanse for 5 days but not for a very long time. I have family in town which usually means a big dinner so I'll skip til then. I've noticed that my blood sugar doesn't drop because everything is in balance. What a different experience I'm having this time around! I'm just not hungry. Beautiful.

tarek is offline Senior Member
    Watch videos about health. Subscribe to various newsletters. Keep it interesting and always be willing to learn about unique foods and their relation to health!

john_e_turner_ii is online now Senior Member
    Vary the foods that you eat on PB. I am one that can eat the same thing everyday, but others cannot. Go out to a restaurant now and then and order something new. I found out how great Ghengis Grill is for people that like to go primal. You pick your own ingredients, spices and veggies, and they cook it up for you.

Chairdr is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Eat to live....not the opposite. I decided food only has to be mediocre.
    "Don't dream it, be it"

-Dr. Frank-N-Furter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast