Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The protein powder comparo thread page 2

spascarella is offline Member
    I can vouch for the Swanson version also. I get other supplements from them also and they have some of the best prices on the internet.

I also use Shawn Phillip's Full Strength shakes in the morning sometimes instead of breakfast.

moonablaze is offline Senior Member
    the true whey is even cheaper at iherb http://www.iherb.com/Source-Naturals...59-g/8180?at=0

thanks for doing the legwork on this, I was looking for just this kind of breakdown!

federkeil is offline Senior Member
    I just checked over my protein for it's price/gram, comes out to 4cents per gram of protein, 3.6cents with the in-store discount I got this time (That's Canadian, and even though we're right at parity with the US dollar, prices in the states are still 10% cheaper for most things).

InterActive Nutrition Absolute Whey, 2.27kg tub of unflavoured. Regularly $70, was discounted to $63 this purchase.

They don't say anything specific about Grass Fed, but their whey comes from New Zealand and they don't add anything artificial to the mix.
    I didn't like the rules you gave me, so I made some of my own.

Strong people are harder to kill than weak people, and more useful in general. - Mark Rippetoe

bhigh is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by thoraxe View Post
    Mark's product is solidly in the middle of the price per gram of protein in the container. It has some "extras" (coconut fat, natural sugars, etc) that some of the others don't. Are they worth the money, in your opinion?
    I think you have the wrong price for Primal Fuel in your spreadsheet. I see the price as $79.99 (and no discount for autoship), which lessens the value considerably. In fact, it makes it the second most expensive product at $0.14 per gram of protein and almost three times the cost of the Swanson's. With those savings, you can just throw some coconut milk or coconut milk powder into the blender for your fats.

I'm not sure if the price was changed recently (it's been $80 since I first tried it) or if you typo'd it when you created your spreadsheet, but the higher cost makes it a much worse value than most of the other products you list.

Suse is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    when I was looking for protein powder info, I found this
    DietNet - Whey Protein Brands

and I use the Red8 brand as I live in NZ. I dont use it often though so cost isnt an issue.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12