Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "trendy" male barefoot shoes page

primaljoel is offline Junior Member

"trendy" male barefoot shoes

Shop Now
    yeah yeah yeah...

"don't worry shoe fashion, just wear vibrams"

yeah I have a pair of vibrams that I work out in. But I work a business professional job that requires me to be dressed up. I honestly hate the look of tera plana's shoes. And so far I haven't found any barefoot type shoes that really live up to the trendy-European look that every young male business professional goes for. Anyone know of any shoe (doesn't have to be 100% barefoot or anything) that actually looks extremely professional but it somewhat barefoot?

OneDeltaTenTango is online now Senior Member
    Look at Patagonia Nau's w/out the insole. It is not "tailored-suit" professional, but may fit the trendy-Euro look you are after

you have a link for that? I don't really see anything online that they make that looks quite what I'm looking for?

OneDeltaTenTango is online now Senior Member

hmm...those are very cool! too bad they aren't sold in stores I hate buying shoes online because I never seem to get the fit right. But I might have to give a pair of those a try!

CullenD is offline Junior Member
    Not sure how you would feel about the moc toe, but these might be worth a try if you are willing to drop the dough. 3-eye calfskin dress oxford.

i like those but those are wayyyy too expensive. I don't drop $300 for shoes haha

Spun is offline Member
    I too work in a professional setting, and would love to go barefoot all day. Not sure how it would look with the rest of my ensemble.

Not that I care, but my colleagues, boss and clients might.

I don't worry about it while I am at work. I am seated most of the day anyway and not on my feet so it is moot. I would say, when you live outside of work, do everything barefoot or in Vibram's. Don't worry about while you are there and sitting.
    Last edited by Spun; 12-08-2010 at 10:12 AM.

primalrob is offline Senior Member
    i was wandering around the local L. L. Bean last night (they're all over the place here) and stumbled across these.

it just happened that the one pair they had in the store was black and fit me well enough to work as minimalist work shoes (i work in an office too). i wore them today and nobody even noticed them. they have no support, thin bottoms, a wide toe, a slightly thicker sole than vibrams, and i can wear socks with them, which means i've got minimalist footwear for non-blizzard winter days. it's like wearing slippers.

slowcooker is offline Senior Member

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast