Thread: Low fat diets could increase heart disease risk- Some experts say page

AndreaC is offline Member

Low fat diets could increase heart disease risk- Some experts say

Primal Fuel
    It's a step in the right direction...

http://www.foodnavigator-usa.com/Sci...cial%2BEdition

peril is offline Senior Member
    Not really. They're still saying PUFAs are better than SFAs and that we need to reduce intake of SFAs
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

Kane Augustus is offline Senior Member
    Cutting out saturated fats is a wonderful way to destroy your body's ability to rebuild its arteries and veins, etc. And it would seem to me that intake of unsaturated fats would be a wonderful way providing your body with places to store things it would otherwise get rid of. Perhaps I really don't understand enough about this subject -- in fact, I'm sure I don't -- but I do know that cutting out saturated fats is a really bad idea, and is responsible for a bevy of health problems not just in America, but abroad, too.
    Last edited by Kane Augustus; 12-07-2010 at 01:31 PM. Reason: Needed saturated fat

barryman9000 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AndreaC View Post
    It's a step in the right direction...

http://www.foodnavigator-usa.com/Sci...cial%2BEdition

+1. I was so pumped on that title, then I read all the anti-SFA stuff. I still think it's a small step in the right direction though. I don't expect dietitians to embrace all the aspects of Paleo/Primal eating at once.

AndreaC is offline Member
    Anyone else notice the link for corn protein being used as a gluten substitute?
    Finally, we can eat precious BREAD again!