Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Paleo vs Primal Blueprint page

shoreline is offline Member

Paleo vs Primal Blueprint

I was wondering if anyone has tried both Paleo (Robb Wolf) and Primal Blueprint and any observations in regards to energy, general health etc

Thanks

Balance is offline Senior Member
    I have read both books. They are very similar. They both adhere to excluding processed foods, sugar, bad carbs and promoting weight training, moving slowly, sprinting/burst activity 1x per week, and sleeping well. One of the main differences I have seen is that Rob Wolff recommends lean cuts of meat more often. I incorporate both of their books into my overall lifestyle and I have had some dramatic results. I was always pretty active but I did too much chronic cardio. In order to fuel all the miles I was logging I needed to consume a lot of starchy carbs. I was constantly crashing at work and needed coffee to be functional. After revamping my diet paleo/primal style my energy levels are really stable and I never crash unless its bed time. I have been primal/paleo for about a year and I don't see myself changing any time soon. On top of that a lot of my allergies, IBS, migraines are gone too.

Furan is offline Member
    I also believe both are very similar.

One detail, though : I recovered "taste" thanks to Paleo diet, and now, whenever I don't eat at home, I find meals are too heavily seasoned (salt and pepper) [is it a good thing ? ]
    I hardly ever use salt. Whereas some primal recipes say "salt and pepper to taste".
    ======== ==== == =
    Be hardcore, drink water

Karma is offline Senior Member
    Strict Paleo does not permit Dairy, that's the BIG difference. Also Robb reccomends no eggs for folks with auto-immune problems like MS, Lupus etc.. Not sure if he considers Hypothyroid in the AI disease catagory to limit eggs. I sure hope not because I'm Hypo and LOVE eggs!

I plateued on Primal and when I shifted away from dairy I started to lose weight and change shape for the better again. but it's frackin hard! I love Cheese.
    Last edited by Karma; 12-07-2010 at 03:05 PM.

lcme is offline Senior Member
    Paleo is such a HUUUUUUUUGE blanket of ideas that ranges from pretty strict, to almost identical to Primal Blueprint.

I do agree that Robb's Paleo considers limiting dairy, nightshades, eggs and salt more seriously, but this is all dependent on what a person sees as beneficial for themselves. Both Robb's Paleo and the PB seem to have a "find out what works for you" mentality.

Furan is offline Member
    Yes, they both emphasize the fact that it is more about the lifestyle than anything else. If you know what's good for you, then it's alright
    ======== ==== == =
    Be hardcore, drink water

grokka is offline Senior Member
    i think pb is a facet of paleo.

Stizzorm is offline Junior Member
    And let's not forget Grok!

kcult is offline Senior Member
    I have seen none of Wolf's stuff and I don't consider myself primal because I don't exercise.

I started by reading Dr. Kurt Harrises's blog.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    i see primal as a part of paleo too.

we have only been doing this for a few weeks, so i can't compare the too, but just looking at the materials, one is far more strict than the other. so, we went with the less strict version. it allowed us to ease in. also, we feel good. it's crazy how quickly primal worked. I literally lost 1/2 inch off my waist in a week, and i wasn't being strict and hadn't really started in on the exercise (his way of doing it; just doing what i do normally). i'm already looking leaner, too, but haven't done the BFP test yet. I'm going to wait another week or two. give it one month. LOL

anyway, i think it's all pretty cool, and you just have to figure out what works.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast