Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Don't talk about it. Let them eat grain. page

rockstareddy is offline Senior Member

Question Don't talk about it. Let them eat grain.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I'm not keeping it a secret, I'm so proud to be primal.

But I don't let myself get into deep conversation about it anymore, or try and encourage people to try it. It's usually a waste of time, it just ends in endless debate. I have given the book to so many and they havn't bothered reading, or taken it seriously. For them to become truly primal they have to want to change from the inside, I'm up for helping them once they have got to that stage.

If they are happy eating grain, leave them be. I know primal is right but what would actually happen if everyone got the PB for Christmas and the world turned primal overnight?

- The price of primal goods would go through the roof
    - The world would not be able to support its primal population
    - Economies would collapse
    - You would never feel good about being different or truly healthy or impressing people with your results
    - We would lose this small bonded community we have

There are big reasons why low carb is the minority, see through the matrix and be part of the elite. Don't try change the world, the part that WANTS to change will change itself.

This might ruffle a few feathers. Just food for thought.
    www.healthfreakrevolution.com

No more diets. No more stress. Health made easy. Living made incredible.

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    I think feelings of superiority regarding one's diet can be a little dangerous.

grokka is offline Senior Member
    Well, grass fed beef would be cheaper if grains weren't subsidized. And more land would be devoted to animal products instead of grains. regardless, a change will not happen overnight

rockstareddy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by grokka View Post
    Well, grass fed beef would be cheaper if grains weren't subsidized. And more land would be devoted to animal products instead of grains. regardless, a change will not happen overnight
    I wouldnt happend overnight, its just the thought. BUt if you read resources such as the vegetarian myth, the only reason the popualtion is so big is because of the agricultural revolution and grains.... the world as it is couldn't all be primal ...

appreciate your thouts
    www.healthfreakrevolution.com

No more diets. No more stress. Health made easy. Living made incredible.

tfarny is offline Senior Member
    The world can't support the present population no matter what we eat, it's a totally moot point. There won't be any fish in the sea in 50 years, if that long. Just treat yourself and your family right, don't waste resources, ride a bike or bus, have one less kid than you might think you want. In the long run, that's all you can do that really matters.

Clint W is offline Junior Member
    I love this post. I feel close to the same way. I still will go into a "no grain rant" from time to time, but have decided to leave people alone about it.
    I too like the feeling of being a part of something elite. And, if Iniquity is right and it's dangerous to have a superiority complex regarding one's diet then I'll just have to be............. wait for it.............. dangerous!!

Kane Augustus is offline Senior Member
    I don't know. There's a selfish element in me that says it's completely rational to tell people you care for about something that is better for them. At the same time, if you care for those people, it's more than likely because you already know them. And if you already know them, then you can probably predict what their typical response will be. And if you know their responses are going to be nonchalant, condescending, or even hostile, then engaging them in a predictably negative conversation makes your efforts morally suspicious; e.g., why put yourself in a position of fighting when you really don't have to?

Nevertheless, there are times when the way you approach a potentially volitile topic counts more than the fact that it is a volitile topic. So if you find yourself ending up in all sorts of "endless debates", have you considered the way you are approaching the subject of PB?

Just some quick reflections.

Cheers!
    Kane

Adrianag is offline Senior Member
    Survival of the fittest?

it1958 is offline Senior Member
    How sad, tho, don't you think, to know there is a better way and not at least offer it? Once presented, then you can let it be...

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrianag View Post
    Survival of the fittest?
    People still live long lives on terrible SAD diets, so I don't think that really applies. If people were dropping in their 40s that would be a different story. Quality of life is also a different story.

I like to offer my two cents if the subject comes up. I've modified my spiel hundreds of times, and the one that seems to click the most is not "eat like a caveman, eat like we used to thousands of years ago" but more "eat as if you were in an island with no access to supermarkets, think about your options THEN" and then of course I go into store-bought items that I consider to be okay (butter, etc) which some hardcore paleos may not agree with. I've done no dairy successfully for 3 weeks now and I can say I don't miss it, but will be re-adding it soon.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast