Thread: Is My Body Going Primal Without Me? page

Stizzorm is offline Junior Member

Is My Body Going Primal Without Me?

Primal Fuel
    I have been struggling with trying to go Primal for a while, and I often talk myself out of it. Lately, though, I noticed that if I eat Primally, I'm fine, and if I eat grains or sweets or whatever, I wind up very, very gassy. Now, I'm trying to figure out what happened, as even recently, those foods caused few problems. Has my body (GI tract/gut flora/energy systems) gone primal without me? What now? Thanks in advance for any and all help. This is strange.

yes, your body seems to be telling you something. listen to it.

For the last 12 years, i have taken Prilosec or some variation of that drug to control the unending heartburn i have every day. i've been eating primally for about a week now, and haven't used a single pill without any issue. yesterday, i had about 1/3 of a slice of gooey butter cake and had the worst heartburn i have experienced since starting the primal eating plan.

trust me, i won't be indulging in too many more sweets after that episode.

racingsnake is offline Senior Member
    This is a pretty common report I think. It's difficult to say what precisely is going on, but since grains are unarguably bad for you, and you are now reacting as if they are, your body seems to have reached the stage where it can react appropriately. I'm sure it's thanking you for it!

Primal Fist is offline Senior Member
    Your body isn't 'going primal without you', it's been primal all along (in terms of biology/genetics). You just weren't giving it the fuel it needed. Take the plunge!

Stizzorm is offline Junior Member
    But I used to get along okay on non-primal foods. Now, not so much. The body seems to have responded faster than expected.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    basically, you just noticed.

our bodies adapt or we can become accustomed to things. so, even just cutting back on grains, one can notice the effect. my friend went vegan and noticed the effect of dairy on her in 2 days. she was vegan for two dys, indulged in ice cream, and wasn't well. now she is an omnivore, but still avoids dairy. she learned.

JenCat is offline Senior Member
    I didn't realize that I had a problem with grains until I stopped eating them. A few days without them, and your body doesn't want them.

shiggles is offline Senior Member
    I had the same thing happen this thanksgiving. See here, a short discussion about it: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...W-Thanksgiving
    A steak a day keeps the doctor away.

strom is offline Senior Member
    A warning sign I guess. I had a enzcema flare up, which never happened before. Cut out nuts for the meanwhile and upped my Omega 3s.

AntonG is offline Senior Member
    yea the acidity of grains is super high which often leads to an uncomfortable feeling. the PRAL score for meat and eggs is also high but we consume fruits and vegetables with them, which brings down the overall acidity of the meal.