Thread: Sick or supplements? page

JenCat is offline Senior Member

Sick or supplements?

For several weeks, I have felt on the verge of getting a cold, but I never actually got sick. Almost wished that the cold would just come, so I could get it over with. Around this same time, I started taking Vitamin D. Over a couple of weeks I added other supplements (zinc, B complex, magnesium, Omega 3). I don't take them all every day. (I sometimes forget the ones I'm supposed to take with food.) I still have that "a cold-is-coming" feeling. The last week or so, my tummy is queasy, and my ears feel "full." I still feel hungry, but am finding it hard to eat. Nothing really sounds good. Even my morning tea with cream made me sick yesterday. Could it be the supplements?

Hilary is offline Senior Member
    I know some zinc supplements can cause nausea if not taken with a big enough meal. (Mine came with a truly heartfelt warning from the shop owner!) I know that doesn't answer your whole question, but maybe relevant?

JenCat is offline Senior Member
    Could be. Mine does not say to take with food, so I've been having it with my tea in the morning. I will stop that!

tarek is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Eat a spoonful of raw honey first thing in the morning. Eat your breakfast, wait about ten or fifteen minutes, and then drink some ginger tea.