Thread: FitDay vs Daily Burn? page

ritz is offline Junior Member

FitDay vs Daily Burn?

Primal Fuel
    I've been using FitDay to track my intake - overall I like it but the food search function is often tedious. Today I saw a mention of Daily Burn on the MDA main page so I went over to check it out.

Just wondering if anyone has enough experience with both to recommend one over the other? It seems like the Daily Burn food database may be easier to use but I'm worried that a lot of the features may only be accessible with a paid membership (which I'm not interested in).

Thoughts? Thanks in advance!

ritz is offline Junior Member
    OK, I think I found my answer already...

I entered today's foods (so far) into both programs (coffee with cream and a hard boiled egg).

FitDay breaks that down to 79% fat, 17% protein, and 3% carbs.

Daily Burn says it's 70% fat, 12.7% protein, 9.3% carbs, and 8% "other". WTF is "other"?? I didn't have an Irish coffee...

interesting. i use dailyplate.com or livestrong.com. i used to use Fitday.com, but like you said, their food search is just awful. i started to look at the dailyburn.com last night, but i fell asleep. i think i'll just stick with livestrong.

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I didn't like Dailyplate.com. I've never used livestrong.com so I can't really comment on how that compares. I always tracked with Fitday.