Thread: Supplements - How often? page

JenCat is offline Senior Member

Supplements - How often?

Primal Fuel
    My 8-year-old daughter has apraxia (verbal and global) and ADHD. I have her on several supplements. She is good at swallowing pills, but draws the line at 5 at a time. (Can't really blame her.) Here's what I give her: her ADHD meds (must take every school day), DHA Omega 3, zinc, B complex, probiotic, Inositol, Magnesium (really big pills; she resists those). I use D3 drops, so she gets that every day. I recently dropped the probiotic and B to every other day. What is the best way to rotate these? Which should be taken every day and which can go every other? What are the best combos?

Thanks!

cillakat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JenCat View Post
    My 8-year-old daughter has apraxia (verbal and global) and ADHD. I have her on several supplements. She is good at swallowing pills, but draws the line at 5 at a time. (Can't really blame her.) Here's what I give her: her ADHD meds (must take every school day), DHA Omega 3, zinc, B complex, probiotic, Inositol, Magnesium (really big pills; she resists those). I use D3 drops, so she gets that every day. I recently dropped the probiotic and B to every other day. What is the best way to rotate these? Which should be taken every day and which can go every other? What are the best combos?

Thanks!
    In the interest of saving time and answering at all (v. not answering) I'm going to stoop to simply saying 'here's what I'd do' rather than engaging in a more helpful problem solving dialogue....so apologies in advance:

•probiotic once a week
    •switch magnesium to Jigsaw Health Magnesium.....smooth very easy to swallow, optimal (seriously) absorption
    •swtich to jigsaw health b complex - 1 pill once a day or 1 pill twice a day depending...again, smooth, easy to swallow and time released which is excellent for those continuously excreted b vites.
    •the DHA fish oil once a day
    •inositol in powder form (is she anxious? why the inositol)...it's sweet and super easy to take. can be taken directly on one's tongue or mixed with a couple tbsp water and swallowed down.

I'd not worry too much about what is given when except:
    magnesium, b complex and inositol in the am if there are mood lability issues or anxiety

I'd try to give at least 2 mg per day in divided doses.

K

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

JenCat is offline Senior Member
    Thanks, Cillakat.

I was thinking that the Inositol might help with the hyper part. If that really wouldn't help, I can cut it out. The B complex that I have is Nature's Way B-50. I will look at the Jigsaw when we get low on that one.

Thanks again!