Thread: Hunting for food page

mrd232 is offline Junior Member

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

Ever since going primal I've had the urge to take hunter safety classes, and pick up a license for November (I don't have a bow, so that negates the upcoming archery season).

The "me" six months ago would have probably thought "dude, that's soooo hick" but now, you see, it makes a lot of sense. I grew up in a hunting family, and I think I may carry on the tradition.

Anyone else contemplating this? Anyone else an avid hunter (or fisher)?

NorthernMonkeyGirl is offline Senior Member

Well, I'm over in the UK where hunting is something to be whispered under your breath and kept very much a shameful secret...at least in the "urban mainstream".

But I went rabbiting last week for the first time ever and loved it - and that was without even taking a shot. I fully intend to go out again and of course get some target practice in beforehand. Once I figured a few anatomical quirks out, it was the tastiest stew I'd ever made!

Plus all that sneaking around burned a few calories and allowed us to watch a deer and her two young playing in the stubble field opposite - you wouldn't have seen that just by stomping around on a normal walk.

I can't think of anything more primal than the hunt. My only caveats being happy, healthy prey, and a respectful, instant death.

Do it!

If you don't like it, is it such a big loss (i.e. does a licence cost money etc?)