Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: overating while IFing page

pucca is offline Member

overating while IFing

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    i'm having trouble stopping eating on IF days........how do people not overeat or binge?
    by the time it's time to eat i'm so hungry, sometimes i eat like 2000 calories!! like now........ugh.....

Adventure8410 is offline Senior Member
    What's wrong with eating 2k calories?
    My whole life, I've felt like an animal......but I've ignored my instincts. I ignored what I really am. That will never happen again.

My blog

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    Yeah seriously. 2k is not that bad at all considering most people need around that much a day just to survive. Don't over think it. However, if you feel like you can't even move after eating try to eat slower.

Lojasmo is offline Senior Member
    I eat until I just stop feeling ravenous, then drink a big glass of water, then eating something sweet, like a half dozen raisins. Does the trick for me. Make sure you are getting enough fat, to.

Zed
    Zed is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pucca View Post
    i'm having trouble stopping eating on IF days........how do people not overeat or binge?
    by the time it's time to eat i'm so hungry, sometimes i eat like 2000 calories!! like now........ugh.....
    What's wrong with 2,000 calories? I and many others take it on average 2,500-3,000 calories per day. Don't sweat it.

Enamel is offline Senior Member
    2k calories might be a problem if you're reaaally small, or if the 2k calories come from ice cream and bagels or something, but that's probably not the case. Just remember to eat slowly - after not eating for a while, the flavours of everything always seem more intense (in my experience), so take advantage of the opportunity by savouring every bite.

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    You're probably doing just fine. But even if you are eating only primal foods, I hope you're not gorging on nut butter or cheese.
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Bane is offline Senior Member
    It's probably fine for the most part, but I thought that part of this IF thing was trying to just eat a meal's worth of food, and not cramming a whole day's worth of food into the whole meal?

Or is that just Eat, Stop, Eat that says that? I don't know.

Personally I try to stick to the meal's worth thing, but often I don't/can't and end up downing about 2K worth too. When that happens it doesn't cause me too much worry, though.

erikJ is offline Senior Member
    2k Not that big a deal, but I always understood that IFing was not a strict discipline but rather something to do when it feels good to do it. eat when your hungry, IF when your not.

pucca is offline Member
    well, 2kcals is a lot for me, i think. i'm 5'3" and about 110 lbs, but gaining fat. i don't know exactly how many kcals i eat, that is just an estimate. could be much more.
    tonight i ate a huge salad, about 100 g of pickled herring (about 3 oz), some of that cauliflower stuffing, a scoop of whey powder mixed w/ a couple TB of coconut flour & water, a few almonds, a bunch of coconut cream, and then i binged on cashews. i ate a TON of them. just couldn't stop. nuts (esp cashews), raw, organic, grassfed, local cheese, nutbutters, and coconut cream are my binge foods. and sometimes raw organic grassfed local homemade ice cream. not really primal. i think that's why i'm gaining fat! my clothes are getting tighter!!!

i thought IF or ESE was fasting for a period of time and then eating a normal meal. plus, i feel like crap after i eat that much. and isn't it really bad for your digestive system? AND doesn't overeating cause an insulin spike?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast