Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Raw foodist/vegetarian turned carnivore page 3

Twibble is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by fusarium View Post
    Is 1/4 of a sweet potato too much on a daily basis? I can cut back, no problem.
    I'd say not, but if you want to be that particular, experiment and see where your sweet spot is. Might also depend on the size of your sweet potato.

It can also vary with how much you're moving, how much fat you're eating, and anything else that affects how you feel. I eat more sweet potatoes when it gets cold out.
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member
    I was actually thnking of more sweet potato, less fruit.

I IF most days between 5pm and 9 am.

fusarium is offline Member
    I'll go less-fruit after my next meal - I've got some EXPENSIVE organic strawberries that I want to finish (6 left).

Was reading Lean Gains and Brad Pilon's "Eat, stop, eat", and am unsure of what to actually do in terms of IF. Am I better to not eat for one 24/36 hour period through the week, or only eat within an 8 hour window (16-17h fasting) on a daily basis?

Twibble, after moving to Florida - I'm just not cold anymore! :-)

Regarding fat, I eat fat from bacon, lean meats (aside from bacon), use coconut oil almost daily, and olive oil.

Would it be wise to check my ketones on a regular level?

HooooDANG. I made this for dinner and LOVED it.

Cheap, simple, delicious curry chicken. http://cosmopolitanprimalgirl.wordpr...curry-chicken/

I love being able to search on my phone for "SPICE PROTEIN paleo", like "curry chicken paleo" or "peach tenderloin paleo" and finding a recipe. So thankful for the Google.

Picked up a set of ketostix from Walgreens yesterday. Been testing my levels before and after meals. I'm at 'moderate' ketones.

Today, I was all sorts of pissed off. It's not really like me to get like this, so I have to assume it's related to sugar in my diet. Being away from white sugar isn't the issue - it's cutting out all fruit. I had to eat half of a date today to keep things happy. Seriously - I would have choke-slammed anyone that came near me! It was one of those days.

With a BMR of 1956kcal, not counting any activity factor (45-min walk daily, primal fitness 3x/wk), I need to eat ~1500 kcal/day. Split between 2 meals, that's 750 each.

Based on FitDay, I burned 3,342 kcal today (walking, sitting, hanging), and ate 99.8g carbs (!! almost all from the sweet potato !!). Total kcal in = 1741.

3342-1741 = 1601. Snap! That's a ton. I'm feeling pretty good, but a bit hungry. Tomorrow, I'll front-load the food a bit and continue to drink a ton of water. 6 big fat glasses today, and I'm still letting go of ketones!

js290 is offline Senior Member
    1.) Mothers milk is 6% protein by calories. When we're infants, we need the most protein for our growing bodies. Why such a low percent?
    2.) Doesn't the protein in meat get 'denatured' when we cook it, making it difficult for the body to know exactly what it is?
    3.) What should proper digestion look like? In my opinion, it should be a quick visit to the bathroom for elimination, because anything else would put us at a prime position to get eaten by a cougar. Is this experienced for long-term Primalers?
    1. How much dietary protein can you store in muscle? About 15 g/d if you are a gifted bodybuilder
    2. "But cooking also altered the meat itself. It breaks up the long protein chains, and that makes them easier for stomach enzymes to digest."
    3. Don't Just Sit There! How bathroom posture affects your health.

Picked up a set of ketostix from Walgreens yesterday. Been testing my levels before and after meals. I'm at 'moderate' ketones.

Today, I was all sorts of pissed off. It's not really like me to get like this, so I have to assume it's related to sugar in my diet. Being away from white sugar isn't the issue - it's cutting out all fruit. I had to eat half of a date today to keep things happy. Seriously - I would have choke-slammed anyone that came near me! It was one of those days.
    If your fructose load comes from fruit, I wouldn't sweat it. Don't need to go cold turkey on fruit, just cut back.

With a BMR of 1956kcal, not counting any activity factor (45-min walk daily, primal fitness 3x/wk), I need to eat ~1500 kcal/day. Split between 2 meals, that's 750 each.

Based on FitDay, I burned 3,342 kcal today (walking, sitting, hanging), and ate 99.8g carbs (!! almost all from the sweet potato !!). Total kcal in = 1741.

3342-1741 = 1601. Snap! That's a ton. I'm feeling pretty good, but a bit hungry. Tomorrow, I'll front-load the food a bit and continue to drink a ton of water. 6 big fat glasses today, and I'm still letting go of ketones!
    How does calories, a measure of heat, translate to mass? Einstein, anyone? Seriously, stop counting calories; it's stupid. Energy will be conserved. You don't have to count to prove it. One, you can't measure accurately enough for it to matter. And, two, you'd have to burn your own shit to account for the calories out part of it, too. Just like a cholesterol test only affirms your diet, neither tell you anything particularly useful.

js290,

Thanks for the reply. I'm keen to reduce the amounts of carbs coming in - shocked at the level from sweet potato.

Regarding calories, I am picking up what you're putting down. It's just part of me that loves numbers! I've been on the scale 2 times in the last week with no movement - time to put that damn scale away.

I'm seeing a TON of definition in my shoulders and my shirts are fitting better.

WOD:
    10 pushups
    7l/7r kb snatch
    50 squat
    7 fat-bar pullup
    40sec plank
    60sec rest

3 RFT.
    3:24/4:00/4:26
    + some kb swings, snatches, 60sec final plank.

js290,

Thanks for the reply. I'm keen to reduce the amounts of carbs coming in - shocked at the level from sweet potato.

Regarding calories, I am picking up what you're putting down. It's just part of me that loves numbers! I've been on the scale 2 times in the last week with no movement - time to put that damn scale away.
    I posted this response to another thread, but since you like to count:

If you're going to count anything, count macronutrient intake. Keep track using this software by the Health Correlator. At least then you can make some association between the nutrient content of your diet and your weight.

Day 19 - Feeling great. Had a glass of wine the other night, woke up the next day a little 'hung over'. Might be an allergy, going to try that experiment again tomorrow! :-)

Made the Brussel's Sprout recipe that yodiewan recommended on Page 2. Second time making it, second time loving it. SO GOOD.

WOD:
    45sec Plank
    30 KB swings
    10 Burpees (with jump at the end)
    7 wide-bar pullups
    60sec rest

3 RFT.

Then 7 snatches with each hand on the 'bell, 7 divebombs.

I can already feel the increase in strength, and my clothes are fitting me better.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast