Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Raw foodist/vegetarian turned carnivore page 2

fusarium is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    Second night in my own bed in a long time. Feels so good!

I woke up this morning with a nasty taste in my mouth, and realized it was ketosis. I've been eating clean for 10 days now and hit 186.6 lbs today. That's down more than 4 pounds in a week. I'm down 10 lbs since 10/24, but I've only been Primal since 12/6. For 3 weeks in November, I was on the road, drinking beer every night, eating at dive bars (still a vegetarian), and taking poor care of myself.

Overall, I feel like Grok. Excited to see how the next few weeks pan out. Heading down to the Caribbean for a cruise in early January. I'd love to be in the 170's for that!

Primal rocks! Love love love it.

yodiewan is offline Senior Member
    Welcome! Glad to have you here. Congratulations on your success thus far.

As for this:
    Quote Originally Posted by fusarium View Post
    There is no place for Brussel Sprouts in my mouth.
    My girlfriend said the same thing until I made this recipe. I guess with enough bacon, cream, and cheese, anything is palatable, hahaha. For what it's worth I like them just steamed with some butter salt and pepper. Just saying, don't say no until you've tried that recipe.

yodiewan, I'll give it a try. Worth a shot, as my sister loves them.

Anyone know how to offset Ketone Mouth?

Had Christmas celebrations with family. Ate well for most of the weekend, except for a 30-hour planned break of Primal. Back on the wagon. Felt good to indulge, but my stomach didn't feel great because of it. Good sign that my body likes Primal more than not!

Bigger

Made jalapeņos stuffed with feta & chicken, wrapped in bacon for lunch. Delicious!

Decided to get serious about all of this and really cleaned up my diet. Been very strict Paleo (no grains, legumes, dairy [except a little butter and cheese once] booze, etc) for 11 days now.

I started at 192 or 194, and quickly shot down to 188. I'm not sure what my weight is now, after 11 days, but I feel really great. Having a lot of fun eating hash in the AM, with tubers (not white potatoes) occasionally. Minimal meat is grass-fed, so I go lean and cook in coconut oil. Greens are always organic, as are thin-skinned fruits. No more than 1 piece of fruit a day (or 7 pieces in a week). Spending a lot of time in ketosis, keeping water. Doing dog walks in the AM while fasted, first meal usually around noon.

My skin is tight, I'm getting stronger, and I feel great. I've been keeping a notebook of all my food and exercise, sleep, etc.

Yesterday, I did Jiu-jitsu for the first time. Today, I'm a bit (read: A LOT) sore. Feels good. Been doing TPB workouts, modifying to include my kettlebell. Doing 45 days strict Paleo/TPB, then competing in the Warrior Dash in New Orleans. I'm getting myself the best birthday gift I can imagine - incredible health!

Below is what I've eaten the past 13 days, doing Primal. I've cut out all alcohol, and only had dairy a few times. My exercise is to sprint 1x/week, lift heavy things 2x, and lots of walking/biking. My goal is fat loss and to look like this guy as soon as possible. At the start, I weighted 192 lbs. After 13 days, I weight ~188lbs. I want functional fitness and a great body.

I'm looking for any help that I can get to clean this up. I'm already feeling leaner and stronger. I'm sure it's just beginners gains, but my biceps are bigger and I feel more "solid". This week, I'm will be doing 30-40min walks every day. My bike is working again, and the Florida sunshine makes riding a lot more fun than Michigan did!

Here's what I've been putting in my mouth:

Day 1 - January 24, 2011
    B - 5 pieces pork butt, fried in its own fat, 4 eggs, garlic, 2 sprigs lettuce
    L - Chicken sausage, fried in olive oil (started shopping for coconut oil)
    D - Grilled chicken breast on greens with vinegar (skipped oil, suspected it was soybean. At a restaurant)
    Cup of tea

Day 2
    12:30p - 2 baked salmon steaks with balsamic
    2:00p - Cup of organic tea
    3:30p - Cup of organic carrot & ginger soup from local Co-op
    7:00p - 2 nori rolls, 1 avocado, 1/3 cauliflower head, 1/3 cucumber, 2 Tbs sriracha (has ~1-2g sugar)
    *Had the runs during the day. Probably related to a lack of processed foods?

Day 3
    B - 5 pieces of pork butt bacon, 3 eggs, with 2 cloves garlic
    L - 1.5 rolls sushi (same as Day 2)
    D - 2.5 oz Tuna sashimi, wakame salad, pot of organic tea,
    D2 - Salmon steak (@11p) with balsamic

Day 4
    2p - 30 kettlebell swings, 10 pushups, 5 pullups, 1 min rest - 5 rounds for time. 1:20, 1:39.
    3:30p - Salmon steak w/ balsamic, boiled bratwurst with 1/3 red onion sauteed in olive oil, granny smith apple
    6:30p - Big steak with butter and seasoning salt (contained cornstarch [mom made dinner])

Day 5
    11:30a - 3 eggs, 1/4 red onion, 5 pieces of porkbutt, 4 stalks asparagas
    Possibly more. Didn't record. All Paleo.

Day 6
    Big beef roast with garlic and onion. Side salad.
    Didn't record anything else - I was starting my move to another state and spent most of the time in the car.

Day 7
    Breakfast hash (beef leftovers, rutabaga, 2-3 eggs
    L - 5 hardboiled eggs in vinegar (road trip from MI to WV)
    1 Avocado
    Started 24 hour IF at 3p

Day 8
    6x75pace sprints in IHOP parking lot in Georgia
    3p - 14oz steak and double order steamed broccoli at IHOP (was on the road)
    D - 1/2 whole rotisserie chicken with Franks Red Hot and some Hot Paleo Chocolate (too much sugar!)

Day 9 - Now living in Sebastian, FL (sunshiiiiine!)
    3 RFT - 10 pull, 50 squat - no rest. 8:31
    *Used a tree for pullups. Thick bar, hard to do the pulls!
    Breakfast hash - 1/2 rutabaga, 1/2 red onion, coconut oil, 1 steak
    2 Sliders w/ egg - 1/4 onion, 2 peppers, 2 beef sliders, 1 fried egg
    5 pieces of asparagus in coconut oil, 1 slice of tomato

Day 10
    1 RFT - 26 pushups, 20/5l/5r kb swings, 60 sec plank, 5l/5r snatch, 8 pullups, 13 divebombers, 20/5l/5r kb swing - 6:37
    1.5 hr Ju-jitsu
    30min walk
    1 stalk broccoli, 2 big leaves of kale steamed with salt
    1 granny smith apple
    1/2 rotisserie chicken after Ju-jitsu
    1 organic orange

Day 11
    11a - 3 pieces bacon, 3 eggs friend, 1/4 sweet potato, cup of tea with honey
    5p - 1 organic orange, can of boneless/skinless sardines
    6p - 40min walk
    8p - Pork roast, fried okra with egg wash
    2 pieces of chocolate at dinner, spoon of raspberry sorbet
    *Shoulders and thigh sore from Ju-jitsu

Day 12
    3 RFT - 10 push, 5l/r snatch, 30 squat, 7 pullups, 30sec plank. 2:23/2:27/2:40
    12p - 1/4 sweet potato, 1/4 rutabaga, 3 egg whites (leftover from housemate's recipe), steak, pineapple wedge
    8p - Paleo Brussels Sprouts with Bacon and Cheese (heavy cream, bleu chz, bacon), Grilled chicken and veggies, 1 piece key lime pie (no crust, condensed milk, key lime juice, dairy)

Day 13
    12p - 1/4 sweet potato, steak, greens in hash w coconut oil
    40-60min bike ride (probably too fast)
    20min beach walk
    8p - 2 handfuls of almonds
    8:30p - 2.5 slices bacon, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, olive oil (1 Tbs), 2 beef sliders fried in bacon fat with 1/4 onion (plus some bleu cheese on top)
    9:30 - 7 strawberries in heavy cream
    *Stomach upset after dairy. Felt it after the cream, might have been the cheese too, but I'm not sure. Stomach was bubbling, felt bloated.

And for the record -- I JUST DID MY FIRST HEADSTAND TO HANDSTAND PUSHUP! Holy cow, incredible!

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member
    Congrats on the pushup!!!

Your food looks pretty good to me.
    Eventually, I would cut down on the fruit and sub starchy vegetables--but do it gently! This is a HUGE change for your metabolism...
    You may want to read this.

Thanks for the link. I'll take a look into it.

I'm a bit cautious with the root veggies. I've noticed a dip in my energy and mood when I'm fruit-free. I think I'll get some ketostix today and see how things change when I eat a little fruit. Today, the only fruit was 6 strawberries, plus 1/4 of a sweet potato (in breakfast hash).

Is 1/4 of a sweet potato too much on a daily basis? I can cut back, no problem.

Further - How many hours of your day is fasted? I tend to eat between noon and 9p, fasting for 15 hours. LeanGains says that this is idea, and I like that (mostly because I'm lazy in the AM and don't cook!).

Thanks for the help, dragonfly.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast