Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: sudden aversion to meat? page

zoebird is online now Senior Member

sudden aversion to meat?

so, primal has been great and food has been great, but as of last night, chicken turns my stomach.

today, i tried to eat some left over chicken with breakfast, and couldn't get it near my nose. I don't think i'll have this issue with other meats at this point, but it's rather frustrating to cut out a bit of meat.

anyone else have this?

i think there are a number of reasons:

1. too much chicken. we went from having very little, because it's expensive, to having a lot because it was on sale. i was trying to mix it up, one night pork, then chicken, then venison, then chicken, then beef, and so on. but my husband gets into tracks and goes just one direction until he tires of it.

i mean, for serious, when he was 20 and on his version of "the zone" he would have protein powder, pumpkin, and oatmeal---no seasonings--for 3 or more meals a day. did that for years. i have no clue how he eats so plainly. it's both boring and disgusting.

so, i usually prep the meal into the crock pot before going to work, and did that for the venison the day before yesterday, and so it was a chicken day. he amde the chicken, and i just couldn't eat it. i managed a drum stick and the salad, but can't handle any more of it. YUCK!

2. weird vestiges of vegetarianism?

3. pregnancy? (definitely not, btw! i do mean *definitely*)

4. some other strange reason that you could think of?

anyone else go through something similar?

thankfully, there are other things to eat in the house, but honestly, that's annoying!

katzilla is offline Senior Member
    LOL I was going to suggest pregnancy.

Uggh, I get grossed out by it too. It might be from frequency, or being neurotic that it's cooked all the way through. I always feel like it's too raw but then I over cook it.

lizch is offline Senior Member
    I was going to suggest pregnancy too.

Maybe you need to hide the meat better sometimes, so it's not so obviously a slab of meat. Make stews or soups or just smother the meat with sauce. Just to change things up.
    Liz.

Zone diet on and off for several years....worked, but too much focus on exact meal composition
    Primal since July 2010...skinniest I've ever been and the least stressed about food

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member
    I get an aversion to something when my body needs something else, YKWIM? I can eat burgers for 3 days, then I can't touch them or I get almost nauseous.

i was thinking it was just too much chicken the way my husband does things. truthfully, i'd not had chicken in so long, it ws like "i can't get enough!" but now, i think i've had enough.

i can't even eat the left overs. so, Dh will have to, with the kiddo.

and tonight we are making burgers, so, i'm glad of that.

The maori and samoan boys are singing downstairs again. it's so cool.

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member
    The maori and samoan boys are singing downstairs again. it's so cool.
    *envious*

they are singing love ballads from the 50s and 60s. it's really fun.

EGYnutrition is offline Senior Member
    Could be a cry out from your body for a wider variety of nutrients. This has happened to me before, just switch things up and I'm all good.
    Last edited by EGYnutrition; 12-07-2010 at 12:37 PM.

In Pursuit of Healthiness, Only to Achieve Happiness!: www.livingnotsurviving.com

NDF
    NDF is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    I get an aversion to something when my body needs something else, YKWIM? I can eat burgers for 3 days, then I can't touch them or I get almost nauseous.
    This!
    When/if I've been eating a lot of meat, I tend to get a distaste for it and find myself eating more veggies, fruit and fats and less meat.

Suse is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    I was worried I was having a sudden aversion to bacon. I think it was just that particular brand I bought. thank god, it would be tragic to have a life without bacon in it. Sometimes I have an aversion to wine .... but that's usually after having 2 or 3 bottles the night before

Sorry I'm no help

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast