Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The whole30 has cured me. page

Lojasmo is offline Senior Member

The whole30 has cured me.

Shop Now
    Well, holy hell.

While (mostly) following the blueprint (still drank ale, and indulged in too many PUFA at work, in the way of fried foods) my symptoms (left ankle arthritis, recurring plantar faciitis, irregular bowel habits, and LUQ pain) while largely improved, had still not completely resolved.

On December first, I started the whole30 program. Many of you know what it is, but for those of you who don't the program is one which consists of complete abstinence from all dairy, sugar, grains, legumes, mystery meat, and alcohol.

I am happy to say, that on day six, my symptoms have become completely quiescent.

Yay, me.

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    Good job! Are you finding it easy not to have alcohol?
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Easy enough. I simply don't buy what I drink. We have two bottles of wine in the basement, and 5 bottles of New Glarus Spotted Cow ale by the back door, so I guess i'm doing fine.

carlh is offline Senior Member
    That is exciting and encouraging news, Lojasmo! I guess I've incidentally been doing the Whole30 thing with the exception of alcohol. It does really throw a wrench in the works so that's good encouragement to kick it out the door.

aktres is offline Senior Member
    I am on Day 3. I'm wondering if anyone has had success with sinus problems by eliminating dairy? Dairy is the hardest thing for me to give up, red wine comes second! But so far so good. I really don't breathe at all thru my left nostril, and I'm sure it affects my sleep and everything else.

Quote Originally Posted by aktres View Post
    I am on Day 3. I'm wondering if anyone has had success with sinus problems by eliminating dairy? Dairy is the hardest thing for me to give up, red wine comes second! But so far so good. I really don't breathe at all thru my left nostril, and I'm sure it affects my sleep and everything else.
    Yes.

ShannonPA-S is offline Senior Member
    This is really encouraging to me. I found out I'm deficient in some nutrients and really need to get rid of all gut irritants, which whole30 would pretty much do. Thank you for sharing. FWIW, I have much of the issues you listed (except my pain is vague and in all joints, instead of just the ankle). So I'm glad you found that plan helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by ShannonPA-S View Post
    This is really encouraging to me. I found out I'm deficient in some nutrients and really need to get rid of all gut irritants, which whole30 would pretty much do. Thank you for sharing. FWIW, I have much of the issues you listed (except my pain is vague and in all joints, instead of just the ankle). So I'm glad you found that plan helpful.

Doooo eeet!

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member

Grizz is offline Banned
    Lojasmo,

I looked up your diet plan. Here it is:
    http://whole9life.com/2010/05/whole-30-v2/

I don't see any difference between your "Whole 30" and our Paleo Diet.

Grizz

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast