Thread: sore and achy intestines? page

Renae is offline Member

sore and achy intestines?

Primal Fuel
    So, I have been having this issue with feeling lower abdomen achy-ness and soreness. It seems like it is in the intestines. At first, I thought it was menstrual cramps, but it has been persisting for several weeks. I usually notice it in the morning and occasionally throughout the day. Sometimes it will be especially achy feeling and then I will need to poop. Other times it just aches with no need to poop. Does anyone have any idea of what this could be?

My diet has been pretty consistent, fat, meat, veggies, very limited squash and sweet potatoes. I do eat a little dairy (cheese, heavy cream) and I have 1-2 cups of coffee throughout the day. I have never had any gastrointestinal issues in the past, no IBS, no Crohn's, no celiac, etc.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

lizch is offline Senior Member
    How old are you? Any vague, persistent lower abdominal discomfort warrants ruling out ovarian cancer.
    Liz.

Zone diet on and off for several years....worked, but too much focus on exact meal composition
    Primal since July 2010...skinniest I've ever been and the least stressed about food

Renae is offline Member
    I am 29. The only other things I could think of is that I did have an copper IUD inserted about 1 year ago and I got an infection from the procedure. They ended up taking it out and I was on 2-3 heavy doses of antibiotics for several months. They said the infection was completely gone and I haven't had any issues until now.

lizch is offline Senior Member
    29 is young for ovarian cancer, so that seems unlikely.

Did you get similar pain with your original infection? Seems worth a trip to the doctor to rule out a return of the infection.
    Liz.

Zone diet on and off for several years....worked, but too much focus on exact meal composition
    Primal since July 2010...skinniest I've ever been and the least stressed about food

Renae is offline Member
    My memory is a little foggy, but I think the pain was more sharp, intense, and centralized. I will set up an appointment to make sure it isn't that same infection.

BarbeyGirl is offline Senior Member
    Could it be a gut flora imbalance issue, courtesy of those antibiotics?
    Nightlife ~ Chronicles of Less Urban Living, Fresh from In the Night Farm ~ Idaho's Primal Farm! http://inthenightlife.wordpress.com/

Latest post: Stop Being Stupid

Renae is offline Member
    quite possible. I am surprised it took so long to manifest if that is what it is. I will start taking the probiotics again. Is there anything else I can do?

Grizz is offline Banned
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Renae View Post
    quite possible. I am surprised it took so long to manifest if that is what it is. I will start taking the probiotics again. Is there anything else I can do?
    YES ! Be certain you are taking 5,000 to 10,000 IU daily of Vitamin D3. The first thing to suffer from a Vitamin D3 Deficiency is the intestines.

IMO, take 10,000 IU Daily then after 3 months get your blood tested and adjust your dosage up or down accordingly.

* All about Vitamin D, history & proven illnesses it cures
    http://www.lewrockwell.com/miller/miller25.html

* 5,000 IU to 10,000 IU D3 Gelcaps Daily to achieve correct blood level in most people
    -Proper 25(OH)D Blood Level is 60-70 ng/ml Toxicity overdose > 120-130 ng/ml
    http://heartscanblog.blogspot.com/se...el/vitamin%20D

Grizz