Thread: Time Frame for Healing?

Time Frame for Healing?

Shop Now
    Those of you who had major health issues that you think were sugar/grain related: just wondering what the time frame was for when you felt your body had really healed from the damage that was done. I have fibromyalgia symptoms that have improved quite a bit. Also, I have Sjogren's disease and have had skin problems all of my life.

Just wondering what other's experiences have been with healing.

"Unfortunately" this happened before I started with the PB but 2 years ago when I switched to unprocessed food (but still including grains) and left out all fruits that I can't tolerate due to a sorbitol intolerance it took me around 2 months until my psoriasis was gone. I got the hint about letting me check for problems with fructose and sorbitol in a psoriasis forum and highly recommend it to anyone who has "mysterious" skin problems. If I had not done that, I would probably still be eating 2 apples a day, wondering why I'm constantly bloated and why my skin problems aren't going away. In fact, I didn't even wonder about it, I just took it as a given fact because I didn't know anything else.

I'm not even sure whether it was really psoriasis since none of the doctors that had a look at it could tell for sure nor had they any suggestions besides prescribing cortisone. I only know that it kept getting worse up to the point where walking was constantly painful. I got rid of it completely just because of a diet change and from that moment on I was hooked on this topic.

I would guess that the time frame for healing depends on the problems that you have. From what I've seen, skin problems can clear up pretty fast; and on the other hand they also return just as quickly...

I have absolutely no idea if the regeneration speed of an organ plays a role in that but to me that would sound like a good explanation as to why skin problems can clear up so quickly. I'd love to find a more credible source on that topic but this is the only one that I could find for now: http://www.methodsofhealing.com/what...-of-your-body/
    Last edited by anne; 12-06-2010 at 08:17 AM.

It's interesting you bring that up, Anne. I was asking my husband, who's a science teacher, how long it takes different cells to regenerate, wondering if this would affect how long it takes to see improvement in various areas. I usually do see improvement in my skin first and that's 2-4 weeks according to your link. I was interested in the taste buds taking 10 days to regenerate. I wonder if that is why we can start retraining our taste buds so quickly on this plan.

90% within a month of 80/20 PB. 100% after six days of thewhole30

Shop Now
    Another good article on cell turnover rate.

http://www.timeshighereducation.co.u...orycode=198208

You are only 7 to 10 years away from a completely new you.