Thread: Time Frame for Healing? page

TornadoGirl is offline Senior Member

Time Frame for Healing?

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Those of you who had major health issues that you think were sugar/grain related: just wondering what the time frame was for when you felt your body had really healed from the damage that was done. I have fibromyalgia symptoms that have improved quite a bit. Also, I have Sjogren's disease and have had skin problems all of my life.

Just wondering what other's experiences have been with healing.

anne is offline Member
    "Unfortunately" this happened before I started with the PB but 2 years ago when I switched to unprocessed food (but still including grains) and left out all fruits that I can't tolerate due to a sorbitol intolerance it took me around 2 months until my psoriasis was gone. I got the hint about letting me check for problems with fructose and sorbitol in a psoriasis forum and highly recommend it to anyone who has "mysterious" skin problems. If I had not done that, I would probably still be eating 2 apples a day, wondering why I'm constantly bloated and why my skin problems aren't going away. In fact, I didn't even wonder about it, I just took it as a given fact because I didn't know anything else.

I'm not even sure whether it was really psoriasis since none of the doctors that had a look at it could tell for sure nor had they any suggestions besides prescribing cortisone. I only know that it kept getting worse up to the point where walking was constantly painful. I got rid of it completely just because of a diet change and from that moment on I was hooked on this topic.

I would guess that the time frame for healing depends on the problems that you have. From what I've seen, skin problems can clear up pretty fast; and on the other hand they also return just as quickly...

I have absolutely no idea if the regeneration speed of an organ plays a role in that but to me that would sound like a good explanation as to why skin problems can clear up so quickly. I'd love to find a more credible source on that topic but this is the only one that I could find for now: http://www.methodsofhealing.com/what...-of-your-body/
    Last edited by anne; 12-06-2010 at 08:17 AM.

TornadoGirl is offline Senior Member
    It's interesting you bring that up, Anne. I was asking my husband, who's a science teacher, how long it takes different cells to regenerate, wondering if this would affect how long it takes to see improvement in various areas. I usually do see improvement in my skin first and that's 2-4 weeks according to your link. I was interested in the taste buds taking 10 days to regenerate. I wonder if that is why we can start retraining our taste buds so quickly on this plan.

Lojasmo is offline Senior Member
    90% within a month of 80/20 PB. 100% after six days of thewhole30

Bodhi is offline Senior Member
    Another good article on cell turnover rate.

http://www.timeshighereducation.co.u...orycode=198208

You are only 7 to 10 years away from a completely new you.