Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: America's Last Christmas page

Grok is offline Senior Member

America's Last Christmas

Primal Fuel
    I brought this up on today's post in response to Mark's Christmas link.

My argument is that this might very well be the last Christmas that America will experience with our current purchasing power. Therefore you should go out and buy buy buy this year and go into debt doing it.

The Fed is going to print, print, print because that helps out debtors, like our government.

China is not going to be interested in importing all that inflation, so they will most likely relax their currency peg with the dollar. [1]

For anyone who doesn't understand economics, this basically means the Chinese are going to have a dramatically increased standard of living, and Americans are going to have a dramatically decreased standard of living.

This is a very important topic because it affects everyone who uses US dollars. It's not just tax payers who get hurt, it is anyone who owns or uses US dollars who get hurt.

If anyone has any questions about this, I would be happy to do my best to try and answer them for you.

[1] http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-1...inflation.html

breadsauce is offline Senior Member
    So - invest heavily in the Chinese stock market is a good move??! And will this be ALL Asia?

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    Anyone else who listens to Glenn Beck will know what to expect.

Quote Originally Posted by breadsauce View Post
    So - invest heavily in the Chinese stock market is a good move??! And will this be ALL Asia?
    Yes, I am converting a lot of my money into Hong Kong dollars and buying stocks on the Hong Kong exchange. My broker doesn't have access to Singapore yet, but I'll be buying stocks there as well. I also own some companies in Norway. You want to buy Asian companies which do not export. I'm currently using Peter Schiff's mutual funds (Europac funds) for stock picks, and Interactive Brokers as my broker. I love IB, they are awesome with low commissions, and you can use the margin from your stocks to purchase commodities, but that's only for the more risk adverse.

EDIT: I should also mention that I do own stocks in Canada and Australia as well. I convert into their local currencies first, then buy stocks on their local exchanges.
    Last edited by Grok; 12-05-2010 at 10:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Diana Renata View Post
    I don't listen to Glenn Beck, he is too preachy for me, and he doesn't quite get it, although he's learning. Some shows I recommend watching are Freedom Watch, Stossel, and SchiffRadio.

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    I wish I paid more attention in Finance class. I really want to get into stocks but have no idea where to start or how to go about it. It always seemed like you need big money to even begin messing around with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Diana Renata View Post
    Oh, and for any of you "doubters" out there who have their heads buried in the sand. What do you think would happen under the following two scenarios:

1) China maintains currency peg with US forever.
    2) China immediately allows the Yuan to float openly in the free market starting tomorrow.

I would be interested in hearing your theories as to why you think the US dollar will continue to maintain it's purchasing power in either scenario.

This is a very serious topic and it is economically motivated and not politically motivated. If you would like to put forth your economic theories I can very easily explain to you why they are incorrect. However I suspect you will remain silent until you have brushed up on Keynesian economic arguments.

say_rahhh is offline Senior Member
    The sky is falling!
    Because if you didn't know, of that is life made: only of moments; Don't lose the now.
    ~Borges

Quote Originally Posted by iniQuity View Post
    I wish I paid more attention in Finance class. I really want to get into stocks but have no idea where to start or how to go about it. It always seemed like you need big money to even begin messing around with it.
    You don't need to own stocks to avoid the inflation tax. You can stock up on goods you buy now while they are still cheap, and you can buy silver coins with any money you want to save for later.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by say_rahhh View Post
    The sky is falling!
    See my post about putting forth your economic theories. If you would like me to explain in detail my reasoning because there is something you do not understand, then please ask your questions.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast